k10 with v6 engine

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
HAHAHA that is ****ing great!!! does anyone know of some1 with a sr20 det micra?? im realy keen on finding out what it takes to do it.... like in terms of gearbox, engine mounts and drive shafts!! been watching the vids on the website of the sr20 det micra...... soooo sweet!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/SR20DET-powered-Nissan_29256.htm

and theres also a link to one at the drag way... pretty freekin quick

smidge

» CMF Member
tris, theres one or two on the micra UK site... its a pretty massive job, so massive i'd rather just buy a converted n14 or gti-r...

plus they chew fuel and are a bit heavier than a CG

i reckon stick to making the motor you've got go harder or get a bigger/faster/heavier car

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah... been reading up on here.. people say its almost a waste of time unless you want to just use it at the drag strip... top heavy, un ballanced, unnecessary amounts of power cause wheelspin in every gear... not to mantion ALOT of money later.. much better off going down the turbo route. only problem is i dont know where to start... gota start collecting pieces for the conversion!

CMF_EVLGTI

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"yeah... been reading up on here.. people say its almost a waste of time unless you want to just use it at the drag strip... top heavy, un ballanced, unnecessary amounts of power cause wheelspin in every gear... not to mantion ALOT of money later.. much better off going down the turbo route. only problem is i dont know where to start... gota start collecting pieces for the conversion!

Its not hard to get wheel spin in every gear in a fwd fitted with an SR20DET whether its an N14 or a K11, managed 5th gear wheelburnout with a stock SR20DET out of a U13 bluebird 147kw at the flywheel.An SR in a K11 would make the car unbalanced as it is a lot heavier than a CG.You would need to make engine and gearbox mounts, the best gearbox to use would be a RS5F32V from a JDM N14 GTi. I wouldnt both running the factory ECU with a chip or piggyback. Just go for an aftermarket ECU. Cost would be dependent on how much of the project you would do yourself.Having done a conversion on a GTi I know its a lot easier to do as the N14 orginally came out with an SR option. My brother has also done SR conversion on a B13 and K12 both using the bigger RS5F50V gearbox.

Back