K10 roll cages

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi,

I have drawn up some designs for roll cages for the k10, they would be made from mild steel and an estimated cost of around £200. Just wondering if there was any interest after i make mine?

Cheers

Steve

sorry it was late when i posted this, i meant im making a template from mild steel and the rest from stainless hopefully, it does look strikingly similar to a show cage, i just dont want to make a mess of the 1st one in stainless as its expensive :p

cheers

Steve

But just bear in mind that it's most likely not going to be suitable for use in any motorsport as it won't be FIA/MSA approved, rollcages are usually made from T45 or CDS.

If you want to build a proper roll cage, then get a copy of the MSA Safety Regulations

Doubt it would, apart from reducing body roll round corners ever so slightly you wouldn't see an increase in preformance. Decrease more than anything.

Roll cage usually comes with a big increase in insurance premiums, and some insurers won't insure it at all with one fitted.

was just trying to gauge some interest like, they would be for show use not ROAD :)

sorry should have pointed this out

cheers

Steve

iv'e got a cage in my old beast in the barn steve don't care about insurance prices.. when it lights up the tyres in 3rd and i don't mean a sqeak on gear change i mean a rolling burner.. you need a cage(Y)

Back