Engine change and roll cage ?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about doing an engine swap and adding a roll cage for style as well as stiffening the chassis up, but before I do this, there are a few things I wanted to know and see if any of you can help ;)

I found this 2.0L Zetec Black Top Engine Zetec-R 135 BHP "Brand new" on ebay for around £800 which I thought was a win but wasn't sure, as the power is double the stock engine and don't know how it would effect the chassis, could it twist under the power of the engine?

Just something someone said to me and made me think. This isn't going to happen for some time, which is a shame :( but I would like to know if it would work without to much problems, so I could save up for this.

Also a couple of people I know said that I'm putting to much money into this car and I would never get it back, if I was to sell it (Hope that never happens) or it breaks beyond repair.

Does anyone else think I'm planning to much for this car or that its maybe a silly idea? Like to know what you guys think.

I think a cg13 engine conversion would be better. You can get them too 100 bhp I am sure with a some mods and if you keep fuel injection. It will weigh less than the 2.0l lump. More weight in a micra could make it under steer like a shopping trolley. And the cg13 will bolt onto original gearbox with only one mount moving or modding. My thoughts but done one may correct me. Hope this helps!

And with the chassis twisting I think that's more a problem with rwd cars. :/

Ah right ok, so what liter is a cg13. I was also thinking about adding power steering ;) make life a bit easier.
Oh really just RWD, hmm I can understand that. Guess its not a lot of power when you think about it.
I know a mate wanted to stick a cosworth mid-engine in mine :p

Back