K10 no start

Hello all,
Feeling a bit stumped this evening. My Micra started to misfire today so I drove it to the workshop when I got back from work. Plugs out, gave them a clean on the wire brush. Leads are nearly new, along with cap, all new points etc recently. I gave the cam a light smear of grease, cleaned up the end of the rotor arm and contacts on the inside of the cap. Everything is clean and moisture free, ready to go. When I went to start it up to get home, it wouldn't go. No spark at all. I tried checking all of the plugs and they are all the same. Anyone have any ideas?

Lew

Can't you check the spark by removing a plug and resing it on the block so its earthed then turn it over to see if it sparks?

I've gut same problem. Did you sort yours out?

Keep in mind that my car worked fine before I messed with it lol

I've got no spark. How do i test the coil? Where do I read volts from?

What else can I check?

So, before I go and give myself a nasty shock, shove something metal into the lead straight out if the coil........do I need to put metal object to ground?

No worries now, had a wire in wrong place! Lol

Turned it over and coughed into life, but it's pitch black outside and petrol was coming out the bike carbs.
So now got problem with regulator or float bowls

Iv got a regulator on it.
Check out my new blog Scott, bit different from last micra that I used your carbs and manifold with :)

i had a reg with mine but i had to turn it down to less than 1psi as the valves in the fload bowls arent upto much and just spews fuel out everywhere

With mine as it is now, I've got to run an ekectric pump, to deal with turbo, but I'm having issues with it over powering the regulator.
Swirl pot i made helped, but ideally I need to get a mallory 4309 regulator. Read that's the best for the job as nothing can over power it.
The regulator I'm using now only goes down to 5 psi as standard, so took spring out and got it down to 1psi. Bit it's not ideal like that

Got there in the end, decided to replace everything in the ignition department, gapped the points, and she's running like a dream once again. Vacuum hoses round the back of the carb disintegrated so I replaced those with some of its own washer hose :cool:

Back