K10 / K11 5-speed question.

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
The continuing saga of dropping a CG13 into my wife's Figaro!
Having made the decision to go with the K10 5-speed box because the mounts and shifter hook up easier I finally found myself a K10 box, only to discover the gears are f***ed, and I mean properly f***ed. Several gear teeth came out with the oil.:down:

I've opened the box up and internally it looks the same(ish) to the CG11 5-speed box.

Does anyone know if the CG11 5-speed gears can be 'dropped into' a K10 5-speed casing?

Thanks!

If its the same as my two boxes i have i know one is fine and the other has a naff input shaft bearing so if your confident with boxes you could build one!

If its the same as my two boxes i have i know one is fine and the other has a naff input shaft bearing so if your confident with boxes you could build one!

Hi Will- thanks mate, it was knowing you had those two boxes that made me start thinking of swapping the internals.
PM with how much you might want for one. (Y)

haynes covered the full stripdown in the k10 manual eh (not k11 tho) and the russian k11 pdf manual covers it too
you could praps build a hybrid diff ratio :)

... and the russian k11 pdf manual covers it too

That raises several questions Frank that I probably don't want to get in to:wasntme:
However- can I download that PDF from somewhere? Or could you upload it to my FTP site?

BTW- where about in Brum are you as I'm originally from the Black Country.

That raises several questions Frank that I probably don't want to get in to:wasntme:
However- can I download that PDF from somewhere? Or could you upload it to my FTP site?

BTW- where about in Brum are you as I'm originally from the Black Country.

i got it from the east european cube forum iirc (188mb iirc :eek:) i,ll try find a link.
and great barr mate, not far from yow :)
edit, here somewhere ? http://cube-club.ru/

Hey mate take the both if you want the one i showed you is the good one but i thought id look inside! Undone the bolts and gave up lol but i put the bolts back in lol

For them both 50quid say if its too much but the good one is about 65k and other is 130k with the pants bearing

Hey mate take the both if you want the one i showed you is the good one but i thought id look inside! Undone the bolts and gave up lol but i put the bolts back in lol

For them both 50quid say if its too much but the good one is about 65k and other is 130k with the pants bearing

... Undone the bolts and gave up lol
Yeh, you need to extract a spring from behind a special bolt next to the reverse light switch then the casing lifts right off. Oh and remember to catch the ball bearing that drops out of the selector detent, cus' sure as #### it'll roll under the workbench.:eek:

... For them both 50quid
Okay mate, I'll get back to you on that.

I've just had a very full and frank exchange of views with the chap I bought the K10 box off and he reckons he can get a replacement but won't know until 'he speaks with his mate' next week! :laugh:

Back