K10 Induction kits?

My friend tried an iduction kit on his 1.2, made absolutly naff all difference except make it louder. Then he got rid of that kit and just changed the exhaust manifold for a 4-2-1 system, that did make an improvement.
Induction kits are pointless for the k10 because the inlet manifolds are crap, way too small and restrictive. If you can find a performance inlet manifold, even if it uses the origional carb, it'll make a hell of difference to the motor.

Drilling the airbox? :laugh: Yeah that's gonna help the performance when your carb is sucking in dirt and water, cheap ghetto mods :laugh:

Drilling the airbox? :laugh: Yeah that's gonna help the performance when your carb is sucking in dirt and water, cheap ghetto mods :laugh:

Interestingly, my 120y air box has factory holes drilled on it, about a dozen in two sections, 1/4" (I know they're factory as I have a spare one, same story.) Don't hear it much unless you are breezing along at 60 and put your foot down as you chase the last of those 69 horsies. But then the Datsun is a ghetto car :blues:

If they're on the bottom of the box then they're drainage holes, even the k10 has one of those. If they're on the top then it's just a retarded design lol.

lol il vouch for the filter not doing much good and the noise doesn't really change at all well mine didn't anyway unless im deafer than what i thought. best bet would be do what porkpie said and change the exhaust manifold and fit bike carbs or a different inlet setup. its not as expensive as it sounds if you shop about or know the right people or even better a bit of D.I.Y :grinning:

4BHP from an air filter alone with everything else stock? fwn
I myself find that hard to believe, but i'll take your word for it dude. :upside:
Would that Be-1 happen to be the ma10et turbo version? If so i would understand the power gain.

4 bhp from an induction kit alone I can see that being very possible on a car with mpi or dpi but on a untweaked carb I'm not sure, maybe extra air + fuel does after all equal more power, but I'd need to see the dyno print off and maybe Afr graph to see if it just goes off the afr scale or keeps a clean mix
Ofcourse if it's a turbo motor then it's a different kettle of fish, I'd actually be worried why it only made 4bhp extra

Back