induction kits

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
hi well i contacted a company that can get induction kits for the micra....
one kits sits the filter in behind the bumper bar and costs $259
and the other is the simota brand that sits it in behind the battery i think or headlight not to sure but over in that area and they cost $159

does anyone have any of these fitted to there car and if so may i have some pics.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The stock one comes and get air from behind the healight area... we all know how restrictive and crap that is.

My advice, make your own one up with PVC Pipe :) I'm using cisco's old tubing which picks it up from under the car. See Here:

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/compact-cold-air-intake.php.

I'd suggest making one that picks up from behind the front grill with a short run to the airbox. Something like this would be good:

http://www.micra.com.au/images/community/micra-meets/melb2004/melbourne-micra-meet-050.jpg

---dens

CMF_jay22

» CMF Member
i have put in a pipe that runs beside the engine to the front grill right above the headers with a nice big pod on the end. works a treat and the sound difference is amazing.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
this is for the primera but it basically shows what you get
the other is very similar but is just puts the filter in behind the front bar which is better for colder air..
thats the link for the 'standard intake'(pictured below, thats what they call it)
http://www.simota.com/pro_in_standard.php

Attachments

• 27461.jpg
    27461.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 40

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
this is the set up for behind the bar..... this is for a civic but you get the idea...
if i use this set up it will flow well when i get all my bits together for my turbo. i can use it as part of the intercooler piping

Attachments

• 27462.jpg
    27462.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 38

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
these are issues i am trying to sus out... i assume it puts it in front of the passenger side tyre under where the battery sits (that would be the best spot for it.... not to bad to access it there just take the wheel off and pull the inner guard down should be nice and easy.... but thats just me thinking where they would put it.. i am waiting for pics or more info. it is a great place to access cool air and isnt in the engine bay.
and i am not to sure if it is simota brand. i cant find it on there website i can only find the shorter one... the civic pic aboive is to whow what i mean.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I'd like to see someone put a NACA duct on the bonnet and connect a pipe from that to the aircleaner.
It would have to be engineered so that the connection from the bonnet to the pipe is just a rubber contact point so you can open the bonnet.

Be a bit like the air vents in the front doors of modern cars that just seal up against a rubber ring on the side of the dash.

Mychael

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I was up visiting Errol from DATRATS today. To collect my other bits.

His thoughts were to keep the existing airbox and filter, remove the hard plastic pipes with their resonance tube which disrupts the airflow and just fit a flexible pipe down into the space below the LH headlight.

A very cheap option, no having to remove anything much and keeping the existing airbox. I'm gunna give it a go.

Mychael

Back