K10 Gearbox Wanted

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lo peeps

Im after a 5 speed box for my MA10, prefer the wide ratio but im not that fussed.

Does anyone know any websites i can get one from? I havent got the time to get down the scrappy and remove one

Thanks
Arnold

Whats the milage mate & can you deliver?

Cheers

And cheers to james for suggesting a website, i've fired off an enquiry.

cant remember the mileage but its a working box.

no i wont deliver, if you want it then come and collect it

Ok mate no worries

Rather not drive too far incase the rest of it goes! and i need to know the milage as 2000 later, i could have the same problem

ill get you one rimmer, theres a afive speed with 30k on it at my local scrappies ill get a price you send me the dosh and ill bring it up to you assuming what i have suggested doesnt work

Ok mate sounds like the best idea. I'l pay ya to get the box, bring it up and fit it, would be apprechiated. Maybe even check the reverse switch works before its fitted this time! lol.

Just had a quote for £176 with 6 months warrenty but i still think the scrappy one is the best bet. Let me know when you can do it. ASAP if you can ;)

Just had another quote for £217 delivered, rediculous! You can buy whole K10's for cheaper than that

Arnold said:
Ok mate sounds like the best idea. I'l pay ya to get the box, bring it up and fit it, would be apprechiated. Maybe even check the reverse switch works before its fitted this time! lol.

Just had a quote for £176 with 6 months warrenty but i still think the scrappy one is the best bet. Let me know when you can do it. ASAP if you can ;)

If the box is genuinly rebuilt and reconditioned its worth the money mate, £50 for a box you know nothing about is a risk id go for the £176 jobby ;)

Seriously? im still saving up for the conversion.. in 6 months time, the box aswell as the engine etc will need to be replaced again so is it really worth forking that out?

Or are you just suggesting that so you dont have to remove one from the scrappy for me ;)

Arnold said:
Seriously? im still saving up for the conversion.. in 6 months time, the box aswell as the engine etc will need to be replaced again so is it really worth forking that out?

Or are you just suggesting that so you dont have to remove one from the scrappy for me ;)

i see.... you know what my thoughts are on the conversion good as it is the moeny could be much better spent you could alomst import an ST for that money think about that!

Well i'd buy ed's engine but i believe theres not much of it left! dont want the whole car etc, anyway off topic

Whats my best short term option knowing im going to be ripping the box out in x number of months anyway

Ems just told me shes having trouble with her gearbox too lol!! Must be a bad month for em

St conversion is pointless for long term. Arnold if you get a box and it works fine then you should be ok, if not most scrappies will allow you to change or give your money back anyway.

True Ed, its just the fitting involved. Obviously you did my last one as you know what you're doing!! If the box is nackered, i may be able to take it back but then again i've gotta pay someone the fees in removing and fitting another one! I guess thats a risk i've gotta take tho

I have a 5spd box here, its a bit unknown condition as its been sat outside, but i think its fine. I got it for my red K10 but looks like im going to scrap that now anyway. Your welcome to try it.

Arnold, can I have your old box when you remove it please? Gives me an idea for another project... ;)

Oh, I read the thread on why you're after a replacement too, not expecting much from it :)

Ed mate, im very tempted with your box (lol).. ive now lost 4 gear so i was wondering, would you be able to change it for me?

I apprechiate your a busy guy but its on its last legs and i cant live without my car!

Ring, text, write, whatever mate.. it would be good to know asap, otherwise i'l have to get my local mech on it (£££ :()

and yeah i dont see why you cant have the box mate, unless Ed wants it for toying with, but im not gonna deliver it etc. If you're in the area you're more than welcome

Yeah, wouldn't expect delivery! :) I'm in London around the 14th January, will you have it out by then? I'm assuming you're in Sussex? Cheers mate.

Box is out - currently round ed's but what use do you have for it!! its not worth repair im told

I've got a couple of spare 4 speed boxes (as you do...) that I was going to dismember to learn more about them. If I can pick up a knackered 5 speed box for free it's worth me having a crack at reconditioning it as I've already got spares & if it doesn't work, I can bin everything and not be out of pocket :)

Always poking at something... :D

Sorry mate but ive decided to get the box repaired. The bearings are all ok, it just needs a new hub inside it - whatever that is, so Ed's off to the place now.

Sorry again

You can have my 5spd box, but again, you gotta get transport on it somehow.

Back