[SOLD] K10 ERG Parts & Un-Moded Exhaust Manifold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
A strange request i know but i know there are lots of people who have taking this stuff off thier cars for performance upgrades so someone must have this stuff kicking about that they no longer want.

So here's the shopping list;
Un-Modified 1.2 EGR Exhaust Manifold
ERG Pipes (one from exhaust manifold to inlet manifold, and the one from airbox to exhaust manifold)
The EGR valve, it bolts onto the inlet manifold on the timing belt casing side of the engine.

I'm sure there's not many people who have acctually asked for this stuff because it's a bit of a reverse-mod, but basically i've recently acquired a super s and i'm returning it to it's origional factory set-up. Why? Because i'm a nutty purist and i'm a big fan of origionallity lol.

no need for the PM i am here! :) as long as i can get the carb on it at the moment set up and through an mot happily consider the stuff yours! might wanna pick it up though as the manifold with all the pipes on it is a little heavy! just pipes have been cut so would just need replacing but all is there. you can even have the carb!
bearing in mind i need mine on the road soon which should be by the end of the month so if your in no hurry remind me nearer the time and well arrange for some kind of meet!
is it a black super s by the way?
:D

No it's the red one that imp24 and cerwain (think that's how it's spelt) used to own. Check the thread called "some bad news".

No it's the red one that imp24 and cerwain (think that's how it's spelt) used to own. Check the thread called "some bad news".
yeah i have seen it :( ok well anyways remind me towards the end of the month and you can have all the stuff ill meet you half way or something.

What's the news on your SS shaun is it up and running? Let me know if you're still ok for off-loading your egr stuff, I don't acctually need the carb so if you'd rather keep that just in case then that's fine, i'm not bothered either way.

What's the news on your SS shaun is it up and running? Let me know if you're still ok for off-loading your egr stuff, I don't acctually need the carb so if you'd rather keep that just in case then that's fine, i'm not bothered either way.
hey the car still needs its mot :( hopefully next week, it starts and idles ok but just cuts out when pressing the clutch (changing gear) guessing the idle revs are a little low everything should be sorted by next week though so fingers crossed and you can have the stuff.
ill messaged you when it's all sorted.

shaun

Cutting out when you press the clutch... I know this might sound like a stupid question but does it do that when it's idling in nutral and you press the clutch or just when you're driving? If so then try un-plugging the clutch switch and see if it makes a differance. It'll be simpler to just check that before fiddling with the set-up.

When i first fitted my 1.2, it would start and idle fine but couldn't pull it's own weight and stalled every time i tried to move it. It turned out to be a really, really, shockingly weak mixture causing it.
I messed with that carb for over a week and ended up putting my old 1.0L one on there coz i discovered that half the carb was seized inside. And that was a carb with 24k on it!!!! So the mixture is worth checking especially if you're still using the ecu without all it's sensors attached to it.
Funny little things these micras apparently lol. :grinning:

Cutting out when you press the clutch... I know this might sound like a stupid question but does it do that when it's idling in nutral and you press the clutch or just when you're driving? If so then try un-plugging the clutch switch and see if it makes a differance. It'll be simpler to just check that before fiddling with the set-up.

When i first fitted my 1.2, it would start and idle fine but couldn't pull it's own weight and stalled every time i tried to move it. It turned out to be a really, really, shockingly weak mixture causing it.
I messed with that carb for over a week and ended up putting my old 1.0L one on there coz i discovered that half the carb was seized inside. And that was a carb with 24k on it!!!! So the mixture is worth checking especially if you're still using the ecu without all it's sensors attached to it.
Funny little things these micras apparently lol. :grinning:

yeah just when moving off can be kept alive by loads of revving :( just weak fuel mixture i believe and as you have said it aswell its looking more likely but yeah hopefully get the majority of it down over the weekend and mot next week then we can arrange a meet somewhere for this EGR business.

shaun

Bump, still needing the EGR stuff, come on dudes someone out there must have this stuff kicking around in a box somewhere...

I know you little begger, i would have had them off you when i came for the other stuff. I tell you what, sell the sr and get a delorean, then you can go back and stop yourself from getting rid. You'd have to make your own flux capaciter though lol. What happened to that ma12 you had, did that get sold or is it still around?

delorean is a nice idea, tell you what, you buy it, ill travel back and give you the bits for nowt, ant ill keep the delorean, lol

no mate the ma12 was binned, was a minter too, no one wanted it tho.

Well someone did acctually as luck would have it. That's what my mate was trying to think of when we were down there last but he didn't remember untill two days later, by that time your thread had closed so he assumed you'd chucked it, and he was right lol. I think i'm going to have to start writing things down from now on, which reminds me; when are you thinking of putting up that list of leftover bits? The spoiler is on now btw, there's some pics in my blog, it's looking smart with it's new coat of paint. Lost a bolt inside my hatch when fitting it though, so it rolls around sometimes :glare: but what really sucks is that it's a brass one so i can't get it with a magnet. Damn you brass bolts, damn you!!! :doh:

Any luck yet Shaun?

Well not quite picked up a standard dizzy on saturday as we think this maybe the problem, so with last peice of the puzzle in hand hope to get it sorted today.
will let you know if it all goes to plan.

Shaun

if you want it to run right shaun, get a standard dizzy, a standard coil and a standard carb, remove all the ecc stuff and it will run grand.

well so far standard manifold and carb standard dizzy havent got a standard coil though, will that help much?
will let you know what happens this evening.

yes you need the standard coil to connect the standard dizzy to, if you keep the ecc coil you need to keep the ecc dizzy and the entire ecc system

(NB by standard i mean NON ECC)

yeah noticed they were completely different yesterday :( ah well the scrap yard round here only opens on saturdays for the "old" section.
so gonna try and find another scrappy because i want this sorted as soon as!

Dude you don't need to go to the scrappy for a coil, you can get that plus the ht lead from any good autofactors and they don't exactly break the bank. I bought a new coil for mine nearly three years ago for £15, but i'd reccomend getting all the wiring looms for the non ecc car next time your in the scrappy (although if you ever used them you'd loose your rev-counter).

Dude you don't need to go to the scrappy for a coil, you can get that plus the ht lead from any good autofactors and they don't exactly break the bank. I bought a new coil for mine nearly three years ago for £15, but i'd reccomend getting all the wiring looms for the non ecc car next time your in the scrappy (although if you ever used them you'd loose your rev-counter).

ah ok well will phone around tomorrow anyways, no i would like to keep the rev counter would make me feel sad watching it at zero...

the rev counter is easy, all id do is get a non ecc coil, and dizzy.

the 2 wires off the dizzy go to the coil, then all the coil needs is a live feed, (you might get this from the existing wiring) then the rev counter wire goes straight to the coil the opposite pin to what you have the live feed to.

Ah ok well my "new" dizzy has a brown and blue wire to goto the actually new non ecc ignition coil which wire is positive? from dizzy to ignition coil.

will have to find out which wire is the rev counter :p

iirc (ive not had a k10 for 6 weeks lol) the rev counter wire is the blue one, the one thats on its own the negative one, the other dizzy wire is the positive one on the coil, the positive terminal on the coil will have 2 wires to it, your 'brown' one and a positive one you need to pick up, its green on the standard k10.

iirc (ive not had a k10 for 6 weeks lol) the rev counter wire is the blue one, the one thats on its own the negative one, the other dizzy wire is the positive one on the coil, the positive terminal on the coil will have 2 wires to it, your 'brown' one and a positive one you need to pick up, its green on the standard k10.

a whole 6 weeks! :D
so let me get this straight as im retarded...
dizzy has two wires one blue one brown.
brown: ?
blue: ?

don't suppose you have or can find any pictures of this? just so i don't blow something up lol
thanks again

shaun

so let me get this straight as im retarded...

I couldn't possibly comment :wasntme:
The Blue wire is the - (negative) and the brown/black is + (possitive),

Blue -
Brown or black +

And if you really can't get it to work, then i recommend you just put everything back to exactly the way it was when you got the car, i.e. standard. I can't remember which thread it was but a long time ago i said something along the lines of; if you don't know what your doing (with your engine) then don't touch it coz it will give you nothing but problems...
I believe "i told you so" is not needed, but i did lol
:laugh:

I know you did porkpie but I want to do this for knowledge reasons otherwise I'll never learn :)
Being my first car I have already Learnt so much and can't thank You guys on the forum enough! Anyways I shall crack on and fingers crossed it'll be sorted this year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back