K10 carbs

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Hi all quick one I'm building my 1200cc turbo would the 1200cc carb be better than the 1000cc carb as someone wants a carb off me and I don't want to sell one without having one to put back on
What I mean is
Can the 1000cc carb be used on the 1200cc with a turbo in the mix or will it need the 1200cc is there a difference? I'm sure I've read the 1000cc carb can deliver more fuel than the 1200cc but I may be wrong

my 1.2 carb was orite it held boost ok but i think it needed jetting im not a carb expert lol but it seemed when i got into high revs it was like fuel starvation. i really dont think there is much difference between the 2 carbs mate.

on a non boosted engine i saw gains from fitting the 1 litre carb, is your boost setup draw through or blow through?

on a non boosted engine i saw gains from fitting the 1 litre carb, is your boost setup draw through or blow through?

Haha it's normal set up no pressure box mate, the stock carb can handle boost so no need to bother, so it's blow through! I've heard the 1 litre can flow more bigger jets or something again I could be making it up, I just don't want to sell the 1.2 carb for me to need it again later when I drop the turbo engine in

i wouldn't think it would matter which carb you use mate as it will probably still need jetting and i would think you would have to run an electric fuel pump. i never got this far with mine but i defo think it needed the jets doing and a electric pump as the power just fell off at high revs but it was coughing and spluttering as well so it seemed like a fueling issue to me.

i wouldn't think it would matter which carb you use mate as it will probably still need jetting and i would think you would have to run an electric fuel pump. i never got this far with mine but i defo think it needed the jets doing and a electric pump as the power just fell off at high revs but it was coughing and spluttering as well so it seemed like a fueling issue to me.

cheers mate im thinking 225 lph would do it but then ill need a pressure reg ect ill just try it as is if it blows up ill fit the sr20 from my other car you saw lol:blues:

Back