K10 back box pipe section

Hi,

Can the rear part of the exhuast system be fitted without welding?

Is this part of the exhaust the same for both CAT and non-CAT cars?

The rear section "bolts" on about half way down the car and im pretty sure its the same for cat and non cat

the rear section for the cat and non cat models are different, the non cat system has an over fit joint in the center of the car and the catted models have the cat flange for the rear section to bolt onto.

Ok some conflicting answers here.

On ebay there are rear sections listed as non-cat and cat, so I assume they do differ. However this could be just to make more money out of people with CAT systems.

i can gaurentee you 100% the cat and non cat exhaust systems are different as i have had them both and for a time had a hybrid mix of the two on which required cutting and welding.

non cat picture here

cat picture here

notice the difference in coupling in the middle of the system, (roughly under the handbrake.)

Yes, they are different, i just binned (well stored in the garage for the next mot) my cat today and replaced the stock exhaust system with a straight through one, DEFINATELY different, as super ls says the non cat has an overfit joint, the cat flanges.

Back