Just got my self a 99 micra - Help please....

Hi people,

Im now a proud owner of a black micra 1.0 Si. I have a couple problems im hoping some people can help me out with:

Remote central locking doesnt work - Ive been seraching on the forum and many people have the same problem, where the central locking works but the remote parts doesnt. Ive tried changing the batteries but can seem to get it working. All guides ive seen starts with:

Turn the ignition from off position to the on position (where lights come on) 5 or 6 times (tired both) within 10secs and the hazard lights should flash to show that its in Program mode. I have all the doors closed and i just cant get the hazards to flash twice. Can anyone help me out?

Plans for my car - pretty skint at the mo so im just going to do some little things first:

Paint calipers red (Kit off ebay £15)
Paint alloys black (Kit off ebay £18)
Tint headlights black (Spray off ebay £8)

Any recommendations on what i can do after the above?

Anyway i will get a pic of my Micra Machine soon!

Any help with the remote central locking would be great.

Just use hammerite dude for the calipers. Not need to spend £15 on paint to do them. :suspect:

Than id go looking for the SR bumpers, spoilers and so on.

in my one it works with the alarm key(r-reg-sr)preface packed one:grinning:
so when i press it once it locks/unlocks doors
above pedals is a small box on mine with a connector plug.one wire came loose so i sorted it
give the wires under their a little wiggle or push em into the connector see if you hear any thing

I found on my Micra (though it's a pre-facelift) that for the remote central locking to work I had to have the Alarm / Immobiliser on under the bonnet. Otherwise would only work by turning the key in the lock. I don't know if it's different on the facelift models though.

The box you'd be looking for if yours is like mine is on the right hand side of the engine bay, at the back nearest the windscreen, you take a little cap off and switch it on with a key. Hope this helps!

Thanks Tchaaa, ive had a look under the bonnet and cant find this cap you mentioned. Ive taken some pics:

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

The cables under neath look fine. Is there any cables in particular i should look at? Would it help to take a photo??

mine is pre-facellift so may differ to yours ,when my locks went crazy (locking unlocking like they were posseds'd) one wire in the control box above pedals was loose, yours ma have totaly disconected
nice rims

I will take a photo on the underside over the wekend and post to see if it is the same layout, if it is then you could poss point me in the right direction? Cheers R-Reg-SR

ok, ive found a box which definiately controls the central locking but doesn anyone know if it controls the REMOTE side of the central locking? Could it be a faulty box and is it a case of just looking on ebay for another?

Anyone any ideas:

CIMG5919.jpg

:grinning:
I forgot to say this is the box just above the acc pedal.
Cheers

well looky what we have here, thats the box the wire/s seem to loosen from
alarm box controls the remote switching,thats about as far as i know
try pushing the wires in wiggling gently as you do. or find the one from the alarm box that goes to the right color'd one on this box

Just cant get the stupid thing to work, just gonna give up on this, sounds like remote side isnt ever going to work.

Cheers for everyones help

Just cant get the stupid thing to work, just gonna give up on this, sounds like remote side isnt ever going to work.

Cheers for everyones help

or 10-30 mins with a decent auto electrician
believe me its a very usefull device (if you ever smooth off the doors along the line some where further down it

Stick with trying turning the ignition on and off 6 times to get those 2 flashes first I'd say, then try and programme the key with the instructions you have

Stick with trying turning the ignition on and off 6 times to get those 2 flashes first I'd say, then try and programme the key with the instructions you have

tried this over the weekened and still no luck. oh well, at least the central locking is still working.

Back