For £99

:laugh:

And this is my first 'official' post too :p

Just to let you know, I had the alternator fail on my present drive:-

26112005.jpg

And had this:-

27092006.jpg

As a courtesy car for a few days.

The VX cost £500 to fix grrrrrr, so had a chat with the garage owner about a cheap run around to see me through the winter. The VX can be 'interesting' in icy conditions, so I'm looking at putting it into storage and getting a micra to play around with/mod over the winter months.

Should be interesting ;)

jules_s said:
I'm looking at putting it into storage and getting a micra to play around with/mod over the winter months.

Should be interesting ;)

and more reliable.

Welcome.

In fairness, its not been THAT unreliable.

But vaux customer care is bladdy woeful, and lotus build quality is questionable...at the very least.

I thoroughly enjoyed driving that Micra for a few days, obviously totally different to the VX but it had its (very good) merits in its own little way.

The missus can't drive yet (@39 years of age lol) so im going to give her some lessons in the Micra.

As for the mods? I will deffo be looking at some better brakes....together with some different wheels/tyres/suspension to give it more grip.

And I think that will be it short term.

:)

GTiR brakes, coil overs and a whiteline kit. Will make your VX seem sloppy ;). Well maybe not, but it'll be damn impressive! :)

gLOL,

Yeah, i think I would have to change just about everything to get to the vx level of roadholding/handling.

Thanks for the tip though, whilst im new to this (and ive accused others on vx.org to search) do you lot add lots of camber? or better still can you do that?

early days here...I intend to keep it for 18 months at least though

Jules, adding more negative camber means the car will be grippier around corners, as you turn into the corner there will be more rubber in contact with the road and the angle of the wheel will be such that it forces said more rubber onto the road. However more inside tyre wear will result-you can counter this with a little bit of toe in. I don't think on a M-RD car this will have an adverse effect on the handling and turn in.

Oh, unless you're talking about the Micra. :S

Lol, in which case, setting the front wheels to parallel toe will make turn in sharper. However, you'll get more inside tyre wear as all front wheel drive cars run a little bit of negative camber. A minute or so of toe in is a good setup, but I ran parallel toe on my Focus and that thing out cornered house flies. You could just stick on the power halfway through the corner at the apex and the car would pull cleanly out. Only problem is the car will tramline heavily on rutted roads and be a little more unstable on the motorway, as I found in the Focus at (unmentioned) speed on the M6 Toll.

if you want it to handle. The best way is to drop it to the floor and put on some better sway bars, then you can take round-a-bouts at 100mph if you want too.

D4R73N said:
I say Ditch the VX and pimp that Micra...lol

Welcome.

lol i agree ditch the VX and put the VX wheels and rear lights on the micra ;)

blue purple flip paint and your laughing :D (and so will everyone else)

You can adjust camber, toe and castor on the K11 with the aid of Whiteline gear. If you get a chance to go out in one with a fully setup package on it, you maybe in for a suprise, especially for a FWD.

Back