Just bought K12 > Advice Plz

petrol flap is on drivers side, with bonnet relese 1

Thanks , easier to see in daylight !

Still cant suss out stereo tho , gonna try a CD tomorrow , probably not work either ..

Can anyone tell me where I can tell what the coolant/water temp is as I can't see a gauge anywhere ?

Also : Are there wheel trims I can buy with the Nissan emblem on them + what price are they about ?

in between your speedo and rev counter you have two thermometer symbols one above the other, one blue, one red.

the blue one is illuminated upon cold start and stays illuminated until the engine reaches operating temperature (86 degrees C) to be precise.

the red one only illuminates to say your overheating and you should be stopping the engine. realistically you should never see this one.

they both illuminate with the ignition on, have a look for them

in between your speedo and rev counter you have two thermometer symbols one above the other, one blue, one red.

the blue one is illuminated upon cold start and stays illuminated until the engine reaches operating temperature (86 degrees C) to be precise.

the red one only illuminates to say your overheating and you should be stopping the engine. realistically you should never see this one.

they both illuminate with the ignition on, have a look for them
Thanks for this, I'll just have to get used to not looking for potential probs ala gauge info . Cheers .

Thanks for this, I'll just have to get used to not looking for potential probs ala gauge info . Cheers .

i have to admit i missed it when i first bought the car, i always liked to keep an eye to the temp gauge

but

my 1.0l k12 has 140,000 miles on it now and ive put around 60,000 of them on it and literally not one single thing with the exception of nothing has broken! nothing at all! did nobody tell you when you buy a micra you dont get problems ;) lol

(naturally it has used serviceable items, filters, fluids, brakes, tyres and bulbs but nothing else)

i have to admit i missed it when i first bought the car, i always liked to keep an eye to the temp gauge

but

my 1.0l k12 has 140,000 miles on it now and ive put around 60,000 of them on it and literally not one single thing with the exception of nothing has broken! nothing at all! did nobody tell you when you buy a micra you dont get problems ;) lol

(naturally it has used serviceable items, filters, fluids, brakes, tyres and bulbs but nothing else)
Thanks for your reassuring reply Andy.

many small cars don't have gauges, infact on new cars gauges are no better than an idiot light anyway - they're basically programmed to stay halfway unless the things about to explode, to avoid worrying owners...

Back