Jumping Micra....?

I

ihenders

I have an L reg' 1.0 micra (which I've had from new - about 130k on the clock).

It's just developed a problem where it jumps erratically (stutters, hesitates, losses a bit of power... and then hops and hops...).
The problem seems to be intermittent - doesn't happen for a mile or so and then just goes into bouncing mode.

The garage are stumped, they've tried a new catalytic converter and fuel filter - all without success (even though it works ok on a short test drive). I thought it felt more like a transmission / clutch kind of problem - but my garage says no.

I've seen a few threads that talk about throttle body problems - could that be the issue?

the problem with your car is most deffinetly the throttle body i would change it with a second hand one because there well expensive

thanks for your help

is it worth getting the throttle body cleaned out as a first step - or is this just putting off the day of reckoning?

No point in cleaning as it wont do anything apart form cure a sticky throttle. the problem lies with your m a s s air flow sensor this plays up and gives the problems you are having.

Sadly you cant get the sensor seperate from the throttle chamber as its built in,

but there is a resolder walkthrough that you could try but if it doesnt work your looking around £450 just for the throttle chamber from nissan or you find a second hand one there is normally recon units on ebay so have a look

heres the link to the resolder guide: Resolder guide

why censor m a s s ??

think the forum got a bug

it has a.s.s. in it
see also a rsenal

Def soiunds like a throttloebody prob though

Back