itsy bitsy teney wennie stereo upgrade thingy

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
hey all, every one that knows me from the cruises in the brissy region knows I have a gutted micky and love it that way. problem is with the road noise and the exhaust noise bellowing out the back the stereo gets a bit muffled so i tried ny hand at a very sinply stealth install (well considering there is no interior it makes it a bit harder to hide stuff.)

so besides having a pioneer stereo and pioneer 6" splits in the front i added more pioneer 6" speakers under each driver and passenger seats in lil custom boxes being powered by a pioneer 300w two channel amp to add a lil bit of needed mid base and a bit more trebble. (jeeze anyone would think i have a thing for pioneer)

obviously does not compare to a sub but been there done that and had enough of it, i tried crammin my 10" pioneer in behind the passenger seat, had it there for half a day and ripped it out, it was 2 obvious and made the car rattle (plus i could not see strait from the doof doof), and any passengers would have an epaleptic fit from the direct contact.

sorry i did not take any photos of the build up, but in the end i am very happy with the result, i carpeted the exposed bits and unless u are looking for it u dont know its all there.

gotta have my old skool gangsta rap!!

becoming a bit of a trebbile rebel :p

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
this is the car in question

Attachments

• 11592.jpg
    11592.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Thats OK we can see what you've done, even though every single picture is out of focus. :p

You inspired me by the way. I'm currently figuring out a way of removing most of the rear interior without bringing excessive noise into the cabin. I think it will have alot to do with the floor as the carpet, parcel tray and seats dampen alot of noise from the rear of the car.

Need to make a big flat floor and chuck some thick carpet and sound deadener on it. Sure you're putting a bit more weight in it but lets face it, if it makes the car a nicer place to be.. Why not?

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
hey the pics arnt that bad (are they?)

anyways as u know i paited the back all black, but im not happy wit it so my next mod is to carpet the entire rear and make it a bit more homey.

either way i took like 35kg out and wit carpet and the speakers i will be only adding back like 5kg. i drive it every day so it needs to be comfortable for me, so thats next

Back