Its Fast Now

bobsp16

Site Supporter
pietro has got to have the fastest and best spec n/a k10 now,
this morning he and his brother drove 120 miles to my house so i could fit the engine out of that fastroad white k10 that i had on ebay and nobody seemed to be interested in so he got me to take it out and fit it in his silver 1.0.
http://media.putfile.com/k10-twin-weber-video

Dont it sound awesome its the best setup ive seen for along time and talk about pull it really works well with that piper cam.

This is excellent and very good to see it happen in a K10, I was soo very close my self with my efforts back when I had my K10.

I must say Bob, since your been here.... thanks for your input and contribution to the MSC.

Kev :)

that sounds awesom, no vid here though just sound...... eaven my BMW staright 6 didnt sound that good.. and the straight 6 is a nice noise:slm:

paul_k10_Lx said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1eqr6fwgoI

mine on and running but now time for adjustments

sound like they need alot of adjustment ,take them off turn um upside down remove the float bowls and drill out the main jets one all four carbs,you need some very small drill bits ie 0.65/0.75mm.
will they rev the engine up or when you try to rev do they just die???

stonesie said:
that sounds awesom, no vid here though just sound...... eaven my BMW staright 6 didnt sound that good.. and the straight 6 is a nice noise:slm:
no vid il give you a clue then of what make' this awesome sound.
26-Picture%20422.jpg

22-Picture%20421.jpg

those carbs on mine in the vid were ####ed bob. it ran ok had power but they kept clogging up. and the manifold wasnt the bes of designs i have a new manifold beeing fab'd now and a brand spakin new set of the carbs so will get them on then start adjusting it up :D

what were the bike carbs off,this is a very good and cheap upgrade for cars many people use them in our sport..early honda blackbirds and yamaha R1 seem to work best cars
23-BoggBrosMani_01.jpg

27-DSCF0260.jpg

those first ones are for a zetec lol done by bogg bro's

there crb600 ( i know that sounds small but 900's are used on 2ltr zetecs fine)

it started up fine but had a few issues one beeing fuel pressure ( bikes dont have a return) so need correct pressure and micra pump was too strong. and the dodgy carbbs blocking ( wether this be cos we bodged the fuel pressure to see if it would work or due to the shoddy carbs) was causing it to cut out after a while.

temps stayed fine and no pinking noises

also there was an issue with blanking off a coolant hose and vacc assist for the brakes

vacc assist we worked out ( not the best way) but they worked
and coolant leak was delt with with sealant.

now i have ditched that set and a proper manifold is beeing made. then the carb setup will begin. honda do jetting packs for the carbs so it doesnt need to be as crude as drilling them out

interesting stuff fellas :grinning:

Bob- good work there, sounds awesome!

Pietro- time to get it on a RR soon mate!

Paul- interesting project fella. I would imagine that CBR600 ones would suffice for a 1200, considering what the 600cc bike revs to- would think the airflow will be similar?

Wouldnt mind having a pop at something like this myself in the future! Don't want to sell your current manifold do you?

Also, how much are the jetting kits for the CBR carbs?

Excellent stuff folks, keep up the good work :k10:

Yes, the more projects the better! When is next 1/4 mile strip day, it would be interesting to test my setup?

Back