is this k11 super S genuine

Hi,

Wanted to know if this is a geniune Super S.

The guy who i chatted to says its a Sr.

Can u guys tell from the pics if its a genuine Super S

Its a 1997 on a 'R'

im particularly intrested in the airbag steering wheel, wood effect heater surround and that weird bright sticker on the tailgate

anyone know if they are optional extras??

thanks any info would be great

MKBCANK5D6JCA64P0JDCAF0IJJ8CACSIGM8.jpg

LY9CA46NMDQCAALH62GCAZPV3A3CASPWEB1.jpg

G2TCARNBICOCAW1HLYKCA5HO187CA7ZLGEA.jpg

EMSCA2MIJOOCAQTV0ZDCAIEVNL3CAG08IY8.jpg

^^ Odd sticker thing on tailgate?

3LCCA1DUJR8CA63V692CAU74D2QCAJ790CF.jpg

thanks, pitcures should work but its my first time uploading lol

Proly is an SR then.

Super S didnt have the rear reflector, and had "super S" on the back...
Pretty sure the seats were better than those, but I don't know much about K11s.

P.S: Didnt they have alloys too? If it is a Super S, there's not much super left on it! :p

Yeah I think its a SR as the instrument cluster is green background, I think the original had black background?

loool. not to bothered about the wheels because any car can have them changed. But its the interior and exterior that I want to know about. Dont want to buy something that isnt genuine.

looks like a standard micra with sr/ss bits added to me. Look at the size of the exhaust. The mother in law had a micra jive with those seats and wood dash in it......it just dosent look right to me....people buy those rear reflectors to hide damage or in this case possibliy a badge........just my opinion

nope the SR had those parts fitted as standard aswell :)

The SR is the replacement to the Super S...iirc it included additional things like gauge dimmer, electric headlight adjustment stuff like that.

SR has that gear on it too, the bumpers and spoiler. the green speedo says its an sr, unless its been changed. Seats the same as my SR, and its an R reg too

Im sure its a SR I saw one in a scrapyard few months back looiked very similar, without the wood surround and reflector on the back

looks like an Sr to me! as i had one!
Got tweeters, green dials, green seats, spoiler, front fogs, looks like a phase 2 grill. cant see electric window switches though, but should have. interior door cards look the same, just wood center console is different and no alloys.
gear knob and gaiter is that off an sr.

hope that helps

Its an SR pal

Super S: 93 - 95
SR: 96 - 98

The patterns all the same on SR's as far I remember. I doubt that wood finish is original though. Wont cost a tenner to get an original one from the scrappy!

Be a bit suspicious about the reflective sticker + is that a crack on the boot handle?

the more i look at the pics the more i would worry about that boot reflector....suggests damage to me..... look at the crack in the boot handle and the rear wiper is from another car (compare it to a proper k11 rear wiper) that reflector has been put on for a reason

Also, anyone got any pictures of a standard exhaust of a sr from the rear. Want to see the exhaust!

People can change the logbook etc these days can they? The exhaust will probs give it away

Bf-WbNBWkKGrHqYOKiQErzJBft-ZBLDZKwZ.jpg

Heres a pic i found on the net mate..... exhaust look the same but you can see what i meen about the wiper being wrong (they are normaly shaped not straight))....deffo have a good look a that boot

another thing ive noticed.....it hasent got rear speakers in the shelf like the one above

get me the chassis number and i could possible check with the manuals at work to let you know what it is

il need the full 17 digits it will start sjneaak11u then six digits get the chassis number from the car located on the bulkhead near the air box

Ive put the reg into mycarcheck.com and it comes back as a SR...so why the wrong wiper and no rear speakers........possible rear end bump mate (fixed with normal micra shelf and unknown wiper then fitted reflector to hide paint damage or a 1.0 sticker cos they replaced the boot) So it is deffo an SR but make sure you look at it carefully mate

DVLA had this:
The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for R355 EHG are:
Date of Liability 01 10 2009 Date of First Registration 07 08 1997 Year of Manufacture 1997 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1275CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLACK Vehicle Type Approval
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £68.75 12 Months Rate £125.00
and as SuluR has said its an SR

Sr. It's all in the grill.

Phase 1 pre facelifts had sqaurer grills, phase 2's had more rounded grills.

SR is technically better then a Super S, so don't let that put you off.

DFFCAU12GCWCA0TGWQKCAB6TZYOCARL4V0L.jpg

heres a closer image of the rear.

thanx for all the feedback u guys have given me. really appreciate it!! might hpi check it to check if its been in a rear shunt. and make sure I check the rear end from the inside when I view it.

o and sed 5000 cheers for getting it checked and Sulu R ill try and see if i can get it off him.

I'll probably be a write off previously then, as all the books and stuff usually gets kept by the insurers.

The wooden console was an optional extra on the P reg SR that I bought many many moons ago, you can also get the wooden gear knob as well which I had on mines.

dial/seats and door cards are all from the SR

The R-reg had that rounder leaf type grill compare the the slightly squarer ones on the P-Reg. as stated above. As I was gutted as they changed the grill 3 months after I bought mines.

If this car did have a bump id say it was in the rear as nothing looks that familiar to me with it. Prob cos of the colour line sticker and its missing the SR sticker

Ok I’ve just checked on here:
http://www.theaa.com/car-data-checks/
Vehicle Registration Number
R355EHG
Make
NISSAN
Model
MICRA SR
Colour
BLACK

Its worth paying for a check up if your seriously thinking of buying it. but check it out first make sure its not a rust bucket.

You can see in the picture its had a sill welding job done, not sure about quality. Does anyone know where its located?

Regardless of if it is an SR or not, it's not a very nice example.......you could certainly do better. No S/H and no MOT records.......2 hubcaps out of 4 and one dissimilar steel wheel on the NSR. It doesn't look to be the most looked after example.........it's your decision, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.

I'd set ones sights elsewhere and find something which you know the history of and can be sure it a better example to spend your hard earned wonga on.

Back