Is rust under the door dangerous?

Hello guys, first of all, sorry if I am not very knowledgeable about these cars.
I just wanted to ask you if rust under all 4 doors is dangerous for driving, I know that without photos its hard to tell and I will provide photos in the morning (its 3:30 am in central Europe) but I literally cannot sleep becouse of it. I have read that its a common place to rust on these cars, but what I am worried about is if the stuctural properties of the car aren't dangerously damaged. I will be driving it next week for 500km in totall (250 one day and 250 back few days later) and thats basically it. Thank you for your answers, I will provide photos as soon as possible.

No Its not That big of a problem. If i remember correctly there is a bar In the Doors for the structual integrity so Some rust on the downside of the Doors doesnt do That much.

The rust under the door:
Thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_131211927_HDR~01.jpg
    IMG_20180827_131211927_HDR~01.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 181
Ah Thats not on the Doors itself? If iT is on the shell And not the door then Its risky. Esp If iT is beneath all 4 doors. I wouldnt risk it judging on only That picture.

The rust under the door:
Thanks for your reply.

This is major structural corrosion failure of the outer& inner sills & floor pan, shown in the single photo.

Where in Europe are you located as this would be considered unfit (illegal) for use on public roads in the UK & Western Europe?

Its not under all 4 doors, this is the worst under the door behind the driver. This is probably the last ride this car is ever going to do, it will be considered unfit at the end of september(norm in Slovakia). It made longer routes not so long ago, you can consider it a high milage hero. (200k miles/330k km).

Its not under all 4 doors, this is the worst under the door behind the driver. This is probably the last ride this car is ever going to do, it will be considered unfit at the end of september(norm in Slovakia). It made longer routes not so long ago, you can consider it a high milage hero. (200k miles/330k km).

On high speed hitting potholes, of which there are many in Slovakia’s rough roads, or in a collision accident, this could be a " Japanese folding Origami” car not suitable for use on public roads.
You take your young chances at yours & other road users’ risk? Is it really worth it? “Well, do you feel lucky” ? :unsure:

Reference:
Origami, from ori meaning "folding", and kami meaning "paper" is the art of paper folding, which is often associated with Japanese culture. In modern usage, the word "origami" is used as an inclusive term for all folding practices, regardless of their culture of origin.

It's rotten, but fixable and it won't fold up like origami, I'm just scrapping a one it was in use daily a hell of a lot worse, and the car still.had structure , the places to worry is the trailing arm mounts, chassis legs, coil mounts, rear axle and fuel /brake lines those of they are rotten are more to worry, the sills, well it's not ideal ,but does.not mean its going to fall apart

The car is actually very sturdy, it has new breaks and was driven daily, only problem that bothers me the most when driving is a bit loose shifter and that its the diesel version. It feels pretty slow, you can drive it in high speeds but it takes pretty long time to speed up. I am starting the last tour of this car tomorrow, I can keep you updated on how it's holding up. Thank you for your messages, this car has a great community.

Back