Is my problem Temperature Sensor?

A

apbg60

I have a Mitsuoka Viewt which is a conversion of the K11. I personally imported the car from Japan. The engine type is CG13 (DE) 1274 cc NCVT gearbox. The car starts and runs well from cold, however when it gets up to temperature the running is very rough and lumpy almost like the choke is out. I thought it might be the temperature sensor sending worng signal to the ecu causing overfuelling. Does anybody know the location of the temperature sensor? It does not appear to be easily visible. Any other ideas or recommendations gratefully received.I was very pleased to find this club.

welcome to the msc

this sounds like the age old throttle body problem. there is a guide somewhere on the site, i personally cant remember the process of elimination so to speak but if you search the site, or im sure someone will help out, then youll have it sorted in no time

all the best

tommo

Thanks Tommo, I am not familiar with the common throttle body problem and could not find anythiing on a forum search so if anybody can help I would really appreciate it.Thanks again.

the trrottle bodies solder line/seal breaks sucking air in,,you would neede a new one or a recondtioned one to fix it,,to check it ot,,get the car on idle and spay wd40 around the base of the TB and its seals,if the car picks up revs or dies,,it wil most likely be this

best thing to do is self diagnostic test,,use haynes manual for details(someone will post the codes up for you)

the temp sensor is near the dizzy on the block of te engine iirc

Back