iPod CardockFM

H

hairy

Hi

Just bought one of these and have found it really good.

[attachment=647]

They plug into the cigarette lighter socket and turn your iPod into a mini radio station. You choose a frequency that is free on both the unit and the radio head unit.

Quality is pretty good (OK you ICE peeps dont slate me!)

Of course they are illegal in the UK so I would only ever ever use it in the USA!

Hairy

I just hate the noises of the frequency thing when u play it on the iPod to find it on the Stereo. I tried a similar one which just ran off the iPOd rather than the cigerette lighter. It got messed up when I went past Radio masts and stuff. I guess the best option and safest while driving is to get that Alpine Hadunit with iPod wireless reciever thing... Dunno if anyone has seen or tried this...

If you tried a Griffin I agree.

The griffin is no way near the quality of the Cardock FM. I guess this might be due to the 12V feed on the Cardock FM.

So far the best wave length for me is 88.1.

At approx £50.00 it is a lot cheaper than the Alpine head unit (c£300.00 I seem to remember). I guess it is trial and error to get a good wave length. I must admit I have not experianced any white noise yet. But then again I am not a big ICE person.

Cheers

Hairy

I've ended up spending so much on stuff since i got the ipod...
3G ipod - £300
passed my test
Cassette adapter - £10 (****)
Blaupunkt CD/Mp3 Player - £130
CD Writer - £50

Would have been so much easier just not buying the iPod which i never use anymore lol

I know what you mean. I had stopped using it too, but the Cardock was cheaper than changing the head unit, plus I have all my tunes with me.

I seem to have spent too much on iPod and iTune accessories. I bought 4 airport Express units for my home @ 100.00 each. This allows me to use my PC as the jukebox and wirlessly transfer music to various audio units around my house. No messin with CDs

Back