I think my car has eaten my phone - Please help!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So I keep an iPhone 3G in my car to use as an iPod. It's usually hooked up to an FM transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but it wasn't working today and I was in a hurry to get out of the car park before they charged me for staying longer than I'd paid, so I just chucked it along with my wallet in the small compartment under the heater controls (My micra is the original K11 so the heater controls are below the radio).

When I got home, after having not opened the doors at all, I went about grabbing all the stuff I usually keep in my house / pocket when not in the car and I couldn't find it. Tore the car to bits looking over every inch for it. Now, I'm not 100% sure that I did put it in the small compartment but I'm rather confident I did, so double checked in the small compartment and found that there's an opening at the back.

It's the only place I could think of that it could be as I'm adamant I haven't left it anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks this could be a logical conclusion. Or if anyone has an iPhone would they be able to see wether it would even fit through this gap? (don't of course loose yours in the process).

I'm currently in the process of trying to take that part of the console out - it's held in by two screws so on the face was easy to get out but appears to be stuck on the gear lever. Can foresee it being a real headache.

Happened to me! It falls down the gap at the back, if you unscrew the bottom of the dash you can get your hand under to pull it out. I also found a recipe from 1995 there aswell.

Thanks guys - I got it out.

mckenzie I would have rung the phone but couldn't as it doesn't have a sim card in it. It's just used as an iPod these days.
Eliot & Will Unscrewed the part I thought was the culprit but it got stuck on the gear lever trim, so that had to come out and lets just say it really didn't want to. A lot of giggling and it slid down into the passenger side foot well - *few*

when i was taking my 93 slx apart i found within the dash under the ashtray afew coins, few mixtapes of various 90's dance music and a flashdance soundtrack cassette:laugh:

then when i swapped all the bits over to the other micra to sell on to me m8, i left the flashdance tape in the cassette player turned off, so when she brought the car and turn on the radio.. tadaaa lol

Back