Interior Ideas

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Please could you post some pictures giving me ideas of what i might be able to do with the interior of my car, many thanks...

Most people on here havent done much to an interior with the exception of painting their dash, putting in different seats, maybe a different steering wheel and altering the doorcards slightly.

There is some pics in the K11 members pics Im sure of interiors.

Things to try could be painting the dash, different seats, customise the door cards etc.

scottish-sr said:
Most people on here havent done much to an interior with the exception of painting their dash, putting in different seats, maybe a different steering wheel and altering the doorcards slightly.

There is some pics in the K11 members pics Im sure of interiors.

Things to try could be painting the dash, different seats, customise the door cards etc.

Yeah, thing is most of the interior of my car is green, seats, dials and doorcards ect, the idea i had was to bring loads of red inside the car to match the outside, but red and green arnt the best idea...so i might just keep the green and go custom parts like chrome and black etc...

Chrome is naff. If it is a dark green it is an ok combo with red. But having to much red in the car could also make it look daft, something nice and subtle even if its black with hints of red about would look good.

scottish-sr said:
Chrome is naff. If it is a dark green it is an ok combo with red. But having to much red in the car could also make it look daft, something nice and subtle even if its black with hints of red about would look good.

What do you make of Green and Red together? Obviusly the Door cards Dials and seats would stay green...

Thinking of it, a nice black leather Handbrake lever and gear knob with surround ight look alright...

D4R73N said:
What do you make of Green and Red together?
I did just say that :p
scottish-sr said:
If it is a dark green it is an ok combo with red.

It all depends again on what look you are after, show or more racey. You could go mad with custom door builds, fibreglassing in speakers and altering the dash to incorperate speakers and even a TV if you wanted. Or you could leave it more subtle, get different material and change the door card colour like Andy_s has done. I know Chrissy is currently giving this a bash and I plan to in the future aswell.

Other things you can do, as you mentioned are handbrake covers and gear knobs and surrounds. I would keep these black IMO, another thing you can do is put on metal pedals which can give a nice look.

Other than that you could for seat covers aswell to make it slightly different.

Well i want to stay subtile, nor Racey or Show...lol

Just so it has more of a boyish look :D

P.S its light green not dark :(

Why don't you take it to a garage and tell them to modify your car? Same as what you're doing now.

It's your car, what difference does it make what other people think about it?

Alienfish360 said:
Why don't you take it to a garage and tell them to modify your car? Same as what you're doing now.

It's your car, what difference does it make what other people think about it?

Going to ask someone to modify my car is a bit differnt from requesting ideas...

That's what you're doing though, if somebody says Red and Green is horrible, you wouldn't even try it. You try your own ideas, and see, if you like them that's all that matters.

No offence intended, but all the threads, 'what should i do to/with my car', 'which alloys will look best' really do annoy me big time!

Whats the point of this Forum... If we all show of our cars it would just be boring, we all need a little push forward now and again, No offence taken.

Layla said:
the msc is getting more hormonal as days go by! hes only asking for some advice. jeeze

Thanks Layla, Im not offended by anythng here but Titch's post, but why did you click on "Interior Ideas" if your fed up of it...

EDIT: Looking at that it could have been something differnt when clicked on, so i take that back, but still interior is a big step of modifying a car, a little help really isnt much to ask, besideds that is the idea of a forum on a certain car, to request help

Coz I thought you might have some new ideas :p

The question is though, what do YOU want to do with the interior? What do YOU want it to look like?

I already said my idea, but i dident like it, i wanted to get inspiration from others.

D4R73N said:
the idea i had was to bring loads of red inside the car to match the outside, but red and green arnt the best idea...so i might just keep the green and go custom parts like chrome and black etc...

D4R73N said:
Well i want to stay subtile, nor Racey or Show...lol

Just so it has more of a boyish look :D

Without questions like this the forum would be useless. Everyone needs a little poiting in the right direction from time to time. Personally I would get the green bits done either red or possibly something semi neutral like a silver as I think green and red would look like a mix of a snotty and a bloody nose, not good. Each to their own though, I will try and post up some of my interior pics when the car is complete. Hoping it will look quite nice when it all come together. :)

mines quite basic (but i like it)
(bear in mind black car)

black centre dash with sprayed glove box door in black
chrome with black leather gear gator and chrome gear knob
chrome handbrake and a leather handbrake gaitor for it... looks nice and tidy and nothing mental

green and red aint my thing but its your car... you never know it might look good if you have an idea in yur head then go for it!!

I've considered getting the Dash sprayed Red, but like most are saying it will look naff with the green, is there a micra k11 with red interior?

micra man said:
Sure I have seen some with like an orangey red interior??

Personaly i belive changing the entire interior will be to cost and time consuming, what would you suggest keeping withthe green interior?

I'm smoothing all the plastics, basically gotta sand the grain out of all the plastic whih isn't as easy as it sounds then painting and lacquring.
Am looking into making a "centre console" to cover the hand brake and gear stick base bits, thats just a rought plan though but a goos fibreglass project.

I've always thought when you think of a colour scheme for interior is that you need to ask why will it work for you? Might not be what other people like, like grenn and red interior just reminds me of Freddy Kruger's jumper but other people may love it.
Obviously you asked for ideas which I take as you will probably do yourself so we have to assume you haven't the skills of a pro modder like garages, example would be k11 stews micra, f/g door cards with a HU facia in it and a custome rear ICE install.
If you have an idea of what you would like people can suggest ways to do or variations of the idea.
Good luck

goldstar0011 said:
I'm smoothing all the plastics, basically gotta sand the grain out of all the plastic whih isn't as easy as it sounds then painting and lacquring.
Am looking into making a "centre console" to cover the hand brake and gear stick base bits, thats just a rought plan though but a goos fibreglass project.

I've always thought when you think of a colour scheme for interior is that you need to ask why will it work for you? Might not be what other people like, like grenn and red interior just reminds me of Freddy Kruger's jumper but other people may love it.
Obviously you asked for ideas which I take as you will probably do yourself so we have to assume you haven't the skills of a pro modder like garages, example would be k11 stews micra, f/g door cards with a HU facia in it and a custome rear ICE install.
If you have an idea of what you would like people can suggest ways to do or variations of the idea.
Good luck

Let us know how this centre console goes matey. :) Very interested since I have recently just finished my new one. Seems like me you are a bit of a DIY man lol. Let us know how you get on.

I don't think it would cost that much to replace the interior... there's only really seats and doorcards to change.Could probably be done for well under £100 if you find a bargain, maybe alot less. :)

micra man said:
Let us know how this centre console goes matey. :) Very interested since I have recently just finished my new one. Seems like me you are a bit of a DIY man lol. Let us know how you get on.

I don't think it would cost that much to replace the interior... there's only really seats and doorcards to change.Could probably be done for well under £100 if you find a bargain, maybe alot less. :)

I'll keep my eyes out, never know ay...

Cheers micraman, ye I am very much into the DIY side of it, not scared to try and fail, done this many times and leant from it.
Any chance of some pics of yours?

I agree about the interior, you really have to make do with what you got and work with that.

Back