Interest in Micra Workshop Manual

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hi guys, as some of you know I was lucky enough to come across a Genuine Nissan Micra Workshop Manual.

Tomorrow I'm getting quotes on copying the entire thing and am wondering how many people would be interested in getting a copy. I would only charge what it costs to copy and post to your door so am not making a profit. These cost $450 new and only the Nissan dealerships can order them in (as far as I'm aware, a mate at the dealership told me this)

Cannot give you even a rough esitmate as to what it will cost but it is very detailed.

Here are some pics:
This one shows how damn thick this thing is!!

Attachments

• 1138.jpg
    1138.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
In the next few pictures you can clearly see how detailed this is, showing the position of every nut, bolt, wire and clip. It even tells you which tools you will need for each job. It includes everything on the car, i.e removing engine, disassembling gearbox etc...

Attachments

• 1140.jpg
    1140.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Definately very interested. Depending on final price of course. Very interested to find out the price, very very interested.
Hey Seano! Why did it take so long?? hehe Just kidding. Thanks for thinking of us.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
So thats 4 people interested so far. I'm assuming the more people I get the lower the price will be too. Also I can send in batches if some people live close enough to each other.

Sean

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I believe Nissan also had CD's with the service manuals on them, in PDF format.

But they still cost $500 lol :(

Start scanning and saving the images, burn them to a CD and charge $50 a CD. You'll make a killing. :p

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
The printers can put it onto a cd but a hard copy is so much easier to use whilst actually working on the car...

Unless you're cisco or evade with your fancy pancy laptops!!!

Seano

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hardcopy please so I can put my dirty greasy fingers all over it.
As Seano said its got the lot and you could strip a Micra down to the last nut and bolt and rebuild it and not have any bits left over.

CMF_blade

» CMF Member
yep! im interested... put me down for one depending on price..

wat about a soft copy?

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Sean, thanks for offering to investigate making some copies of this manual. I am very interested (depending on cost). I would personally prefer CD format (so i could just print the relevant sections I need at the time) but would also buy a paper version....

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I'll see what I can do guys...

... Jeez I only posted yesterday. The books could *possibly* fit in an express/normal post parcel so it will be around $10-$15 postage anywhere I would say.

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Actually Matty, not making a cent at all... Its been damn useful to me so I want to make it easier for others to do work on their car.

And the original is probably going to be destroyed whilst copying as its in pretty bad condition.

Seano

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
only problem with this is that the pages arent standard a4..they're like a taller a4..

i used to work at officeworks at the document feeders dont go high enough to be able to feed the whole lot through

the machines that they use will easily be able to photocopy it as well as send it to a file in the same go.

if anything they'd be smart enough to just scan it all into the machine, and just print out whatever copies.

then you snag the file as well..

..i think they have newer machines now actually.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
For all the copyright & "buy the Haynes manual" comments I've seen on this forum in the past, this is a bit of a laugh.
I'd be interested in a PDF version, preferably downloaded from somewhere.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Nz_aj: I've read this book inside out looking for a copywrite page and unless it was taken out by the Nissan dealership where I got it from, then it isn't copywrited.

I've taken it to several printers who also could not find a copywrite anywhere in it.

They're getting back to me with quotes soon guys.

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
I am not condoning any of this if there was an evident copyright by the way.

Copyright must be respected and obeyed.

If there is no visible copyright information, then I don't think there is a problem.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
If no copyright article/statement no problem.
Also most copyright have a time limit and are there to protect mainly revenue streams to the owners(s)
I would find it very surprising if this was the case with a Micra workshop manual.
If Sean has obtained quotes and they are happy to reproduce this is good as they would be liable also if they printed and it infringed copyright.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
!!!Update!!!

Ok guys I have gotten the quotes back for both the hard and cd copies. The bad news is the hard copy worked out to be around $450 and had to binded into two seperate books. That is far to expensive so I have decided not to pursue the hard copies any further.

However;

The quotes for cd copies is as follows:

For 30 people: $60 per cd including postage

For 20 people: $65 per cd including postage

For 10 people: $70 per cd including postage

So basically the more people I get the cheaper it is.

Once all persons who are interested have let me know, I will let you know the price and I will forward my bank details on.

Can anyone interested please send me an email with their name and contact details on and I will get back to them.

The email I request you send to is [email protected]

Thanks guys

Sean

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
kewlness seano, um, i guess they'll do this but make sure they split it into chapters of seperate pdf files, so you don't have one humungous 500 page pdf, take damn well ages to scroll through it otherwise,

Alex

Back