Insurance in Uni

samcsd

Ex. Club Member
I've finally moved to uni and since the train takes twice as long and cost twice as much as driving from mine to Bangor I've kept my car (woop (Y) ) But my insurance is due and I don't technically have a home address as I'm living in halls which I have to vacate at easter christmas and summer. So my question is what address do I put as where I keep the car or do I have to register both addresses?

S

I've finally moved to uni and since the train takes twice as long and cost twice as much as driving from mine to Bangor I've kept my car (woop (Y) ) But my insurance is due and I don't technically have a home address as I'm living in halls which I have to vacate at easter christmas and summer. So my question is what address do I put as where I keep the car or do I have to register both addresses?

S

You register the car at the address you are living at.. so when at Uni you register it at your halls address, when home, at your home address.

Just to be specific the address a car is 'registered' against and 'kept' are not necessarily the same. The registered address is the address stated on the V5C, which does not have to be the same as the address at which the vehicle is kept.

The car should be declared as being kept at your address in halls, as this will likely be where it is kept for the longest period, since you reside there for 3 semesters. Some insurers do allow for a 2nd address to be added for such occurances.

I am sure this is what you meant, but in these instances clarity is paramount, as insurers in general, (not saying Sky, as I have enjoyed many years being insured with you ;)), do make a lot from such changes with admin fees....

proper scam that is
like oh no the ice caps are melting!!
yeh they have been for thousands of years,,,,,,people are using some funny scare tactics nowdays to get extra scrilla's

but that means I have to pay admin every 3 months?

yes, but the car is insured correctly... if you have a claim when at Uni and the car is registered as kept and your parents home address, then you may find you do not get your claim paid out for.

You may find that of you give them the dates the car will be moving addresses, they may waive the admin fee

been 'round getting quotes and insurance has gone up to like 1500 from the 1200 i played last year even though I last a year no claim and passplus!! add another 100 for admin, this driving is rediculus!

Back