installing new stereo on 2004 K12

X

xxoioixx

im all very new to this, just got a micra k12 E 2004
My brother and i were able to remove the old cd player but when it came to wiring the new one up, there were two plugs to go into the new cd player from the micra.. the black one and a 3 coloured one with about 4 wires.. but only space for the black one in the cd player.. someone said to get a connector cable but i tried 2 different ones and neither fitted.. when just the black plug was plugged in there was no sound, but the cd player turned on.

i also looked on a website and it said 2003 onwards dont normally need connector cables so i dont know what to do!

please help! x x x :girly:

try plugging the black one in straight from the micra and leave the multi coloured one. i bet that is just for cd-controls or LCD dispaly or something stupid. see if that works maybe? if it goes bang, not my fault :p

danmit just read you tried that, cant delete posts anymore either....

K12 Head Unit

Am trying to remove the Radio/CD player in my wifes K12 to install a Parrot Rhythmn and Blue Unit, what is the best way to remove the existing unit and has anybody used the Parrot Rhythmn and Blue.

Regards
Mike

zantia if you do a search on this site you will find a very useful guide on how to remove stereo on your k12.

its pretty simple and it takes 15 minutes.

Back