information needed about ma10et

so hoping to get a ma10et in my micra

85bhp wooo

so what i would like to know is how exactly i would able to get more power out of the engine

what im looking for is tuning parts be great if people could help

forged pistons, tubular manifold, ported head/gasflowed head , valve job, steel head gasket, 2 1/4 inch exhaust, bigger injectors, bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, re-mappable ecu, gti-r puel pump, lightened and balanced engine. and lots and lots more :) i wont go on to much cause i don't know much about the ma10et best man to ask is baz i think. but that is just the basics of of running more grunt. i will say tho expect to spend a fortune and don't expect the gearbox to last :laugh:

forged pistons, tubular manifold, ported head/gasflowed head , valve job, steel head gasket, 2 1/4 inch exhaust, bigger injectors, bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, re-mappable ecu, gti-r puel pump, lightened and balanced engine. and lots and lots more :) i wont go on to much cause i don't know much about the ma10et best man to ask is baz i think. but that is just the basics of of running more grunt. i will say tho expect to spend a fortune and don't expect the gearbox to last :laugh:

Even with all that you'd be lucky to push 150 bhp from a ma10et there's probably a few grand there too! Sr20 wouldn't cost a grand and if your handy enough do it yourself

Even with all that you'd be lucky to push 150 bhp from a ma10et there's probably a few grand there too! Sr20 wouldn't cost a grand and if your handy enough do it yourself

exactly (Y) and like you said in the other post prim red top pushes 150 bhp. compare that to 85 bhp lol. and the torque figures :laugh:

i will stand up for the ma10et its a really really light engine which helps massively in the twisties but if you want an animal of a k10 sleeper or something go sr20 or go insane and beyond rb26:grinning: honestly tho mate im not sure what you want as its your car but i am guessing you want some more wack with some turbo thrust? you have many options open to you choose wisely.

exactly (Y) and like you said in the other post prim red top pushes 150 bhp. compare that to 85 bhp lol. and the torque figures :laugh:

i will stand up for the ma10et its a really really light engine which helps massively in the twisties but if you want an animal of a k10 sleeper or something go sr20 or go insane and beyond rb26:grinning: honestly tho mate im not sure what you want as its your car but i am guessing you want some more wack with some turbo thrust? you have many options open to you choose wisely.

If it's about lightness just drop in a hyabusa engine

Having had the privilege of riding along in a genuine March Turbo, the first question that comes to my mind is why the hell you would want more power? Fit the motor and get it up and running first before you make any hasty decisions, because they go like #### and then some. When we had out trip out to Blackpool we blew off a 500 Abarth, a Sierra RS Turbo and an Evo. The guy in the evo was so impressed by it that he wanted to stop and pop off some pictures with our k10's.
That's just a March Turbo, so #### knows what it's like to ride in a Super Turbo but if it's any harsher you'll snap your friggin neck!

K10's weight about as much as a biscuit tin, they don't need a lot of power to go quick. Suggesting an SR20 or anything other than an MA10ET is a tad off topic too ;)

I don't know many people with direct knowledge of the MA10ET. I would suggest Ed at Fusion Motorsport to be honest, he knows a shed load about the MA09ERT and plenty regarding the MA10 and MA12's plus he can carry out such work. Worth a starting point at least rather than waffling on about all the possibilities for modifications in general, as the list could get rather endless and I am sure you have something in mind both cost and involvement wise.

K10's weight about as much as a biscuit tin, they don't need a lot of power to go quick. Suggesting an SR20 or anything other than an MA10ET is a tad off topic too ;)

I don't know many people with direct knowledge of the MA10ET. I would suggest Ed at Fusion Motorsport to be honest, he knows a shed load about the MA09ERT and plenty regarding the MA10 and MA12's plus he can carry out such work. Worth a starting point at least rather than waffling on about all the possibilities for modifications in general, as the list could get rather endless and I am sure you have something in mind both cost and involvement wise.

This is about the 4th thread he's done about engine swap it's getting confusing which one I'm posting in! He decided he was dropping in a Ma09ert, then ma10et, then CG13 earlier now back to ma10 ??

sorry guys this is like my first project car im jus basically finding out the information i need sorry if its messing anyone around lol

the ma10et seem to be my best option a little more expensive but it means i dont need to change alot since my micra has a standard ma10 in it allready car jus really needs a new clutch 5 speed gearbox and then suspension and brake modifications and exhaust sorted i have a certain look in my head that i want the micra to look like and i just want a wee bit more power under the bonnet

Well man, I'll list off the things I think you might need, these are the things you should get before looking for more power from the engine.

Ma10et
ma10 flywheel and uprated clutch (maybe for longevity)
5 speed box or lsd st box, shafts, hubs and brakes ( if tuning )
Fig fuel tank with injection pump ( nearly sure the tank is the same as the chassis is nearly identical )
Loom and ecu

You nearly have to by a whole fig to make sure you have everything. If your serious about doing it drop me a pm and I'll answer as much as I can.

Baz

Hi guys im working on a k10 turbo march MA10ET, i was wondering what type of intercooler system i can use on the turbo for this car. If you have any suggestions please advise.

Hi guys im working on a k10 turbo march MA10ET, i was wondering what type of intercooler system i can use on the turbo for this car. If you have any suggestions please advise.

id just go for a front mount setup maybe one of a golf tdi would be nice and sleek not to big for the turbo. the top mount should be able to handle a bit tho. i know when you start looking at 280bhp in a gtir you really have to move to a front mount as the heat soak gets unreal. my mate had a celica gt4 with 350+bhp and after a hard run he used to let it tick over for ten minutes and the heat waves coming out off the vent was mental lol. so you can imagine how a top mount suffers

Indeed front mounted intercoolers work best with a thick core and wide surface area, try an upgraded Renault 5 front mount kit! Once you've got that in get some colder grade plugs iirc grade 7 ngk irridiums?? And you can safely raise the boost a bit without running lean providing you don't raise it too much and exceed the duty of the stock injectors I'm not sure what the max on stock internals and injectors is might be worth asking Ed

id just go for a front mount setup maybe one of a golf tdi would be nice and sleek not to big for the turbo. the top mount should be able to handle a bit tho. i know when you start looking at 280bhp in a gtir you really have to move to a front mount as the heat soak gets unreal. my mate had a celica gt4 with 350+bhp and after a hard run he used to let it tick over for ten minutes and the heat waves coming out off the vent was mental lol. so you can imagine how a top mount suffers
There's no top mount used on ma10et its straight from turbo outlet to the inlet (Y)

Back