ma10et

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
im currently in the research phase of a ma10et conversion so a couple of questions.
1. does it have a ecc carb or is it injection?
2.will a k10 gearbox fit
3.will i need anything other than the following: complete engine manifolds etc,dizzy, coil,loom , ecu and the various sensors.
4.any ideas of the potential to get more power?
5.a standard clutch will just get fryed any ideas as to solve this issue

any other hints and tips?

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
was looking into this for a while, it can be done but picking up all the stuffs is probably one the hard bits, them engines arent cheap and u would idealy want a re-conned one if your hoping to get maximum power out them, well over the £500 mark.
im swaying toward a cg13, even though its slightly more work with the mount needed moving, the gains are so much more worth it as they can be pushed over 100bhp so much easier than the ma10et could. and finding a damaged or mot'less motor is easier and cheaper and you will get near enough all you need for the conversion.

superls

K10 Tuner
your best bet, when i looked into it a while to go is buy a wrote off figaro, but they make quite alot, yes the k10 gearbox will fit, and look into uprated k11 1.0 clutches, as they are the same fittment as the k10.

OP
OP
boyracergt

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
well after very little research ive decided a cg13s going to be better as it will be cheaper (ma10ets are about 300-900 on ebay) and more potential as they have the same power as standard and if i get a donor k11 then i can get all the parts i need for engine conversion and brakes and other parts too. With regards to the mountings which ones need moving and by how much. Also can you use a cg 13 box in a k10

frank

Club Member
well after very little research ive decided a cg13s going to be better as it will be cheaper (ma10ets are about 300-900 on ebay) and more potential as they have the same power as standard and if i get a donor k11 then i can get all the parts i need for engine conversion and brakes and other parts too. With regards to the mountings which ones need moving and by how much. Also can you use a cg 13 box in a k10

the o/s mount, and a pre98 1.0 g/box is your best option, there,s a lot of info on richj,s blog iirc

Baz

Ex. Club Member
fwn I'm seeing a pattern here:grinning:

So what ya going for dude? For the money the ma10et is the best option I reckon and can be easily taken over 100hp although your gearbox will not hold that power,it would be like having a chocolate gearbox lol