Allright mp3 player

cisco

» CMF Member
Can't wait to get the car back, going to compile a CD full of my favourite 200 mp3s and away you go. The only CD I will need in the car for a long time.

How good is mp3. Providing you encode in a decent enough quality, its awesome.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
"alex" u want one that slides out from the "unit itself" or like an individual dvd player in the boot and a screen un dashboard??

like this 1 (below) slides out and pops up?

Napster

Attachments

• 9417.jpg
    9417.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
a screen would be cool, but i'd wouldn't use it all that much. Just a head unit which can take a DVD+RW full of mp3's would be nice (all 4.7GB worth, well i only have 3.7GB of music anyway) long as it dosn't skip and is very fast skipping through songs via menu, since i'd have 800 odd songs on there. Cisco, can i ask what you got? did you get an amp and replacement speakers aswell?

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Gee guys I am still trying to master the CD player.
Daughter walks around with an Ipod glued to her ear, downloads songs off the net etc.
I just go to my massive collection of illegal CDs purchased in Vietnam and make a selection.
Anyway improves your driving skills. Half way into a bend at 4/5s, you decide to change the CD, adjust the bass, volume,bit of heel and toe while changing gears at the same time.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
It's the duty of my passenger to organise the tunes for the mic...I'm too busy weaving through traffic and avoiding pedestrians to worry about contorting myself into a very awkward position to change cd's. My stacker is under my seat, I CAN do it if I HAVE to, but its handy having a navigator anyway LOL

cisco

» CMF Member
I'm all "ipod smphIpod".

Its just one brand that's been marketed very well and now stupid people think "ipod" means "compact sound player". But no, its just one brand!

My genuine SONY mp3 player that I got in Japan kicks IPOD's arse :) The original IPODS are way too massive/heavy in physical size. This sony thing is absolutely tiny, about 3cmx2.5cmx0.7cm thick. Still costs a fortune over here now, but was great value in Japan.

Interested aaron, what made you convert to ipod-mania after originally being "ipod smphIpod"? What am I overlooking?

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Well I didnt see myself needing one..but yeah Sarah bought it for me and yeah its grown on me. The interface is damn easy to use (esp. with one hand) makes it ideal.

I dunno..I just like the fact that I can have 99% of songs that I like on the thing. The only reason that it wouldnt be on there..is because I don't have it.

Also lets me listen to music that I wouldnt usually listen to as well..Ive got a heap of smart playlists on there that i've setup to play songs that I haven't rated at all, or even haven't listened to yet. Prob the best thing about it..the versatility of the smart playlists that let them select music according to different rules and stuff.

Its good! haven't looked back.

cisco

» CMF Member
Cool that sounds pretty good.

I guess my SONY one is kind of a different product or need.
Its only 1GIG flash ram, plenty enough for a decent bucket of songs, but because of that, its like microscopic in size and weight, and that's what I really love.

I did notice when listening to my Mum's ipod, that the volume and sound quality it punched out was excellent. Very loud and crystal clear. Has some decent grunt from that battery I think just to power headphones.

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hmm.. Im pretty happy with my IPOD NANO..

I can eaven plug it in to my Pioneer head unit and the head unit controlls all the features of the IPOD..pretty clever!

And ITUNES is a great program to keep order in the mp3 mess on my computer too..

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Correct aaron. I am not game to sit down and add up what has been spent.
Famly Hack stage 1 then stage 2 but that was all planned and went according to plan.
Whitey well all uncharted territory and looked good for about 3 months then meltdown.
2006 will be consolidation, restore the bank balance with some little mods and enjoy fanging around.
Thats the plan.
Anyway want to save up for when you all come down to Tassie in 2006.

cisco

» CMF Member
Sounds like an awesome plan hack.
You've done all the hard yards, now you have the reward to show for it and can just punt along and enjoy and do the maintenance. That's the go. Exactly my plan for 2006 also.
My car budget now has been extremely cut after this latest round of work. I have a 3 year plan, after 3 years I'll be able to fire up and do whatever again. If it breaks again badly within the next 3 years, it can wait a bit longer to get fixed.

I reckon I must have cracked over the $50k mark if I add absolutely everything up I've thrown at bluey. Kind of scary isn't it. If you knew that at the beginning, there is no way you would pay $50k in one hit to get the car to where it is. Oh but its love and its a hobby. Gotta live your life.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Speaking of Ipods I've heard that the new Nanos are crap, they are really fragile and the screens keep breaking.

Frig that.

And to think I thought my Sony walkman (tape) was all high tech back in 1991.

Back