If comfort and low NVH were the crieria.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
What would you guys buy?
I've got around $23k to spend and a second hand car.

Top priority for this one is comfort, so quiet, smooth ride, good for touring.

Don't want a land barge it still needs to have a bit of punch to it and go around corners but cars with a good NVH score are the first choice.

I was thinking maybe a Subaru Liberty or one of the smaller Mercedes.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Aurions are great if you can find a good, well looked after one. Use to service a lot of them when I was still on the tools. Just be aware that they had some issues in the earlier models in regards to how they were put together. One thing I did notice with the top of the range models with the woodgrain dashes was that they squeak around the dashes. Dash rattles are not uncommon across the range with them either. So make sure you have a really good listen when you test drive.

Other than that I had a few reports of minor flare between first and second gears. Toyota was still trying to sort that out when I changed careers 2 years ago.

Avalons are getting old and very hard to find in good nick. However as far as driving back to back I always felt that the Avalons are more comfortable and felt better put together. Apart from the typical engine oil leak problems the 3.0 V6 engines had, they were very reliable

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
I bought a Dualis brand new for $23k. Nice car handles ok for a bigger car, nice and smooth and not too bad on fuel. It ain't no rocketship but the 2lt goes ok. good family car.

Back