idle control solenoid help

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i was looking over y car the other day and i found that some one has put a ball bearing in the vacuum pipe from the idle controle solenoid to the carb does anyone now why this would have been done?

its a 1992 1.0l k10

sounds like an idle control valve delete method to me adam, does it have the 2 solenoids on the carb ? (anti diesel and idle-up)

there 2 vac pipe side by side the one thats blocked and another one, and i know its used as a blanking method we do it at work, any idea why it might hve been done frank?

temporary_zpsc28efb70.jpg

the one i have my finger on is the one with the blanked pipe

Looking at Haynes manual it is a vacuum break diaphragm that acts on the choke plate to give better control on starting. How is yours at starting?

not bad it sometimes starts then dies but i read in the owners hand bookk that if it does that to press the throttle pedal once then release and start it and i find it starts every time if i do that

not bad it sometimes starts then dies but i read in the owners hand bookk that if it does that to press the throttle pedal once then release and start it and i find it starts every time if i do that
As frank says, you have to press the throttle pedal to 'set' the autochoke prior to starting. It will rev quite high at first, after a few seconds blip the throttle and the revs will drop

Back