HR12DDR with manual gearbox

Hi there,

We have a 2015 Nissan Note with the HR12DDR and CVT, the CVT has just died in us, dealer wanting $14,000 nzd for a new one, rebuilt with updated parts and 20k warranty another crowd want 5-7k nzd.
Are the HR12DDR engines available in the UK with manual gearbox? If so, how do they perform? I'm thinking I could likely do a manual swap and get rid of the CVT issue permanently.

Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yep, my Micra DIG-S is a manual and I do know the Note's over here also came with both boxes. They perform ok I suppose but are far punchier than a CVT just simply down to the fact of the operating differences.

I am not aware of any particular problems with the manual and ours now has 85k miles.

Due to the cost and potential complexity of swapping a CVT to a manual, most people will just either refurb/replace like for like, or just get rid.

Yep, my Micra DIG-S is a manual and I do know the Note's over here also came with both boxes. They perform ok I suppose but are far punchier than a CVT just simply down to the fact of the operating differences.

I am not aware of any particular problems with the manual and ours now has 85k miles.

Due to the cost and potential complexity of swapping a CVT to a manual, most people will just either refurb/replace like for like, or just get rid.
Thank you, I'll see how we go. I imagine I'd need to source a new ECU and the works ?. I'd like to keep the car, it's awesome in regards to everything else.

Attachments

• IMG_20221110_134755_681.jpg
    IMG_20221110_134755_681.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 71
Back