Nissan Micra 2001 Manual Gearbox

I'm new to the forum but would desperately like some advice if possible please....
I've got a Uk Reg Nissan Micra 1.0 S on a 2001 Reg with a manual gearbox.I'm taking part in a 3,500 mile banger rally from Coventry to France, Italy, Spain and then back to raise money for Myton Hospice in Warwickshire. We're really looking forward to it as we'l be travelling with 30 other older vehicles and the response we've had in the way of donations has been amazing however!..... West Way Nissan who supplied the car to us new 14 years ago, agreed to exchange some advertising space on the car for a service on my vehicle. I had various bits of welding at my own local garage so I got them to service it while it was there I wanted a thorough service in view of the journey and wasn't sure what would be included in the " service " they offered at West Way.
When I arrived with the vehicle I advised them of a rumbling wheel bearing type of noise coming from the NS of the vehicle they could investigate for me instead and checking of the work I'd had completed. West Way Nissan advised me they was no mechanical faults found with me vehicle and it was fit for purpose.
I reluctantly got a second opinion from my local mechanic and he's advised me that the rumbling noise I can hear over 30mph sounds like a gearbox bearing? I'm due to travel in 3 days time ( 28th July ) and worried that the car won't be ready in time? I'm really disappointed in my local Nissan dealer as if this had been found when they inspected the car I could of had this inspected and fixed much sooner!
I've located a second hand gearbox from a salvage yard for £70 if needed but has anyone experienced anything similar to this if so what was the cause? If anyone could advise me what a reasonable price to pay would be that would be fantastic, Many Thanks, Sam