How to install new clutch cable help

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Clutch cable installation is an easy job. No need to remove the pedal at all, the cable slots in at the top of it.
1. Remove battery and battery tray.
2. Insert cable onto the clutch arm and leave it loose.
3. Route cable and push it into its holders on the firewall and insert the clutch pedal end into the cabin
4. Insert your head under the pedals and put the cable into the notch on the clutch pedal.
5. Go back to the engine bay and tighten up the cable (adjust freeplay and then lock it in place with the locknut.

Should take 5-10mins or so.

CMF_alexzaki1986

» CMF Member
Thanks Jon for your explanation. I know how the clutch cable looks at the end where the arm is as i have fiddled with it to regulate it once, but i didn't know that the end of the cable just goes into a notch.

So if you want to remove the cable from the notch, it's much easier if the cable is loosened at the arm, right? Just wondering hehe :)

Greetings,
Alex

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
alexzaki1986 WROTE:

"Thanks Jon for your explanation. I know how the clutch cable looks at the end where the arm is as i have fiddled with it to regulate it once, but i didn't know that the end of the cable just goes into a notch.

So if you want to remove the cable from the notch, it's much easier if the cable is loosened at the arm, right? Just wondering hehe :)

Greetings,

Alex

No worries!
Yeah loosening it at the gearbox arm (locknut and adjuster) will allow you to remove the cable from the pedal - wont come out otherwise! :)

Back