How to adjest the idel speed

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
hello all
I'm triying to adjest the idel speed on the micra K11 96 model but there is no luck-when the engian start it will do more than 1200RPM and when the temp start to rise the idel will drop to 1000 or 950 Max-I did clean the idel valve re soldering the Th Body but there is no luck-when switching off the engin- it will start high about 20 sec later gose to 960 rpm-when I accelrate to bring it up to 3000RPM and let it go down it will be 1100-seems the automatac chocke it not working any ide
thanks

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
You should be able to search for the procedure. As I remember it was more complicated than just adjusting the screw. I think the idle control or throttle position sensor plug had to be removed & the screw adjusted in a sequence with turning on or off the ignition.

If nobody has mucked around with the idle speed before, out of personal experience I'd think it more likely that there is a problem with any or all of the following:
1)MAF
2)Temperature sender
3)Idle control valve

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i found this on haynes

before checking the idle speed n mixture setting, check first the following

1, check ignition timing is accurate
2. check spark plugs
3, check accelerator cable is correctly adjusted
4. check the the crankcase breather hoses are secure, with no leaks or kinks
5. check air filter is clean
6. check exhaust system is in good condition
7. check compression pressure

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
Hello All and thank you all
I think I had a problem with the TB,1st time I did re soldering it was a bit ok but still not happy with the Idel speed, I took out he Idel valve and clean it and re adjest it with the speed it was kind of ok-but not great,, SO I said to myself I will do the soldering again ,,I took all the TB (throttle body)out clean everybit of it-I noticed that the Plastic Screw which my friend mycra said about it is all the way in to the End,
when I used on Board diagnostic (OBD)it keep giving me Eror code 143 I did look on the internet it said TBS (throttle body senser)..Anyhow I took out all the component to check them but unfortunatlly the bord 1 broke so I had to get another TB and clean it again and install it-and I notice before I broke the first one that soldering no 2 which will make a lot of diffrance in the Idel speed because I did solder it while the engin is runing, I manage to get the idel speed down to 835 RPM which I think it is resnable enough- and I do agree with both NZ&1300 there is a lot involved not just tiding a screw.,
if anyone can share the procedure to lower it down to 700 -will be appreciate-thank you all

Attachments

• 55970.jpg
    55970.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 34

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
I did get it down between 677 to 700 RPM that when the fan is on which when the Temp reach 97C by adjesting the TP senser and the black hex plastic screw

Back