How to activate the self diagnostic program

CMF_hunterz

» CMF Member
Hello I have a '99' micra profile 1.0L.is it just the pre face lift models that have the self diagnostic feauture and how do you activate it.
cheers

CMF_just-in

» CMF Member
haynes/manual would explain further,,code readers are about 20 pound for your model,,obd two i think
on the "pre-facelift" = it is ignition on (not start),,stick metal pin(hair pin) in too short the bottom left 2 pins on the port for 2 seconds,,,then remove the pin and wait for the eng check light to flash,the length of the flashing determines the fault code,,
after that check ,,,,,start the car and keep at 2000 revs per minute,,this will show up if lambda is reacting slow,,2 flashes per second signal a working lambda,,,,,,,,,,also this isnt that accurate
thanks to asdame for this info as i have no haynes manual

CMF_hunterz

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"hunterz WROTE:

"Hi so I will need to get a code reader for mine.is there a way to check which one I have.

cheers"</div>

your 99 model should have the earlier 14 pin square diag plug hunterz, eobd2 has the trapezoid shaped 16 pin plug

ok cheers mate I will go and look at the plug to make sure.where is the LED on the control unit under the center dash as I cant see any.is it the little silver box at the front or the other box behind it I should be looking at

CMF_hunterz

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"yours should have a checklight in the dash mate, its only the very early k11,s that only had the led in the side of the ecu

hi yes it does but I thought I read there was one on the ecu aswell.
by doing this self test will it tell me if the lambada or throttle body sensors are faulty.

CMF_hunterz

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"the ecu is the one at the back hunterz, maybe the other one is airbag or nats ?

cheers mate I noticed on the box at the front it has bosch wrote on it if that helps to ID it.I did the test and no codes came up and the exhaust gases test showed no problems.

Back