how much will i gain

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
yeh, it,s the manifold that,s the bottleneck (not the cat) imo, mods to mine gained me 6hp :)

Attachments

• 44804.jpg
    44804.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 23

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
oh ok
i went to a machine shop today and told him i want the exact mods you made he told me sheet metal and cast iron doesnt weld to good,cause it may crack once there is movement but fro mwat i'm seeing on your pic there will be no movement on the manifold so his answer does make sence right?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"<DIV class="quote">frank2 WROTE:<BR>
<BR>
"shalon, it,s just mild steel, arc welded on<BR>another pic"</DIV><BR>
<BR>
ok cool<BR>
i'll go at him tomorrow and hear wat he says<BR>
one more thing, will the engine run lean cause of this mod <BR>

no you,ll be fiiiiine :)

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"shalon WROTE:<BR><BR>"
frank2 WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"shalon, it,s just mild steel, arc welded on<BR>another pic"</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>ok cool<BR><BR>i'll go at him tomorrow and hear wat he says<BR><BR>one more thing, will the engine run lean cause of this mod <BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>no you,ll be fiiiiine :)

wonderful... one more thing i wan2 adjust my distributor wat your opinion on that

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
lol that will be pretty funny cause he quoted me for a custom 1-1/2 4-2-1 stainless header for $400 EC DOLLARS thats equal to about $152 US DOLLARS and said i'll get it in 2-3 days time, which i find to be pretty high. one more thing frank do you till have your stock exhaut or are you running 2"

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
i adjusted my dizzy and not happened, is there any particular sign i gotta look for oncei play with it
frank

i made a mistake with the writihg on the picture its the other way around pls take note

Attachments

• 44852.jpg
    44852.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 24

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"lol that will be pretty funny cause he quoted me for a custom 1-1/2 4-2-1 stainless header for $400 EC DOLLARS thats equal to about $152 US DOLLARS and said i'll get it in 2-3 days time, which i find to be pretty high. one more thing frank do you till have your stock exhaut or are you running 2"

Wait... STAINLESS steel headers for US $152? Why the hell wouldn't you go for that? That's CHEAP. Where is your guy getting that quote from?

At that price I really have absolutely no idea why you're bothering to modify the stock manifold and gut the first cat. Just for reference, the first cat actually does a LOT to reduce emissions being so close to the exhaust ports (since they're more efficient when they're up to temp) and as mentioned in <a href=http://micra.com.au/technical-articles/decat.php>this very article</a> it does absolutely nothing to increase power. All it does is make your car pollute more and make your car a little bit noisier and won't give you any noticeable extra power.

---dens

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
yes its US $152 but in my currency its about EC $400. the guy is making the headers himself. i guess you are rite i will like him make the headers but that means i'll have to get a fuel pressure regulator rite and bigger exhaust

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"yes its US $152 but in my currency its about EC $400. the guy is making the headers himself. i guess you are rite i will like him make the headers but that means i'll have to get a fuel pressure regulator rite and bigger exhaust

If you're converting from one currency to another, that doesn't make it more/less expensive - it's not as if they're going from US$152 to US$400..

You don't have to adjust your fuel pressure - get it put on a dyno someone and get someone to check the air-fuel ratios to make sure it isn't leaning out under revs. There's no point in spending money where you don't need to.

As for getting a larger exhaust straight-through, you don't need to right away but it should be done anyway if you're doing modifications to the exhaust manifold or getting extractors. Once you get the extractors, you can then move on from there and get the rest of the system done later on if you so wish.

If you could cut up and weld the stock manifold yourself then I'd say it might be worth it, but I honestly can't see the point of paying someone to modify the stock one when the money can be put to better use elsewhere.

---dens

no you don't need a fuel reg after exhaust/extractors.. i didn't need to change the mixtures at all on my blue car even after cams.. yeh you could benefit from doing so.. but your not going to blow it up... even if its running slightly on the lean side, say 13.0, you could thrash it for decades and it'll still go. imo, if you get rid of all the cats on your car you need your head red.. gaining an extra 1kw from something that is causing un-needed pollution to the earth isn't worth it in my eyes.

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
lol, seems you guys have alot of ideas to give me with i love...my country dont have dyno machine so thats out of the question... wat i plan to do is maybe make mods on my stock manifold until i can buy a new one, i tried playing with my dizzy but nothing happened. i also plan to change my spark plugs and leads..one more i wan2 do a brakes upgrade and i'm wondering if it necessary the i need 14" rims?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"yes its US $152 but in my currency its about EC $400. the guy is making the headers himself. i guess you are rite i will like him make the headers but that means i'll have to get a fuel pressure regulator rite and bigger exhaust<BR>

have you got contact details for this guy? Us$152 thats cheap for us..

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
hey frank...i played with my distributor and i didn't like the sound the car was making( lil pings i think) so i turned it back to stock now the car is idling and around 650 but not more than the third marker on the gauge..i just wan2 know if its to low or if thats good idle speed

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"hey frank...i played with my distributor and i didn't like the sound the car was making( lil pings i think) so i turned it back to stock now the car is idling and around 650 but not more than the third marker on the gauge..i just wan2 know if its to low or if thats good idle speed

yeh, if it,s pinking, you,ve advanced it too far lol, just back it off a bit, till it stops pinkng eh

frank

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
If i'm not mistaken, pinging is essentially Pre-detonation, whereby the cylinder is fired before the piston reaches TDC (top dead centre). Eseentially, before it gets right to the top of the chamber, the cylinder fires and it's forced back down the bore.

I think. Either way it's something to be avoided at all costs :p

---dens

Back