how do i get handles of?

i aint got one, or i would have looked lol, i think some one said they pull off but i dunno mght do that, its smashed any how! but proper advise is welcome

pull of your door card and there is two bolts that hold in the handle (i think its two, mite be one) unbolt these and then just unhook it from the metal rod it is attached too and voila. pretty straightforward really.

as above really, just make sure you don't unhook the other end of the metal rod in the process cos its a pain to put back lol

oh and theres 2 bolts

:)

just a mention about those 2 bolts (actually nuts lol) but anyway if u find ur turning the nut again n again n it isnt really loosening then u got same problem i hit which is that the bolt head isnt biting into the plastic handle so keeps turning (means its broke)
what i did was just bring out my soldering iron with some useless tip n melt my way through my handle lol
then once the plastic is gone u have an exposed bolt head stick a socket on the nuts and get some mole grips or something similar grip the bolt head then turn socket n it should come off

seen as ive just done it ill pop some notes down too.

all interia handles removed, (positive drive screw driver will get all of these off)

window winder removed, (should pop off witha flat blade screw driver)

Plastic backing behind the door open latch, (again flat blade screw driver wil get this off)

If its electric windows the interia handles will come off in two parts then remove the leccy window console, just leave that hanging.

i normally put the window down about 2/3rds helps to get the door card off.

the door card has at a guess ten popers holding it to the door frame. these will just pop out with a quick jolt.

once all of these are off lift the door card towards the window and upwards. this wil release it from the top of the door frame. pop that in the garage or house etc.

close the window fully to allow access to the inner door.

peel back the top left (or right depending on door) of the plastic film that covers the internals and hang it out of the way.

undo the two nuts holding the door handle to the door and remove the door handle. i generally take the metal pin out with the door handle. lift it up and out.

unhook your door handle from the pin, pop the new one on and feed the pin back into the door.

keeping the handle about 2cm above the hole you can put your hand inside the door and feel around for the hole in which the pin sits. (this is a blind one so can be tricky but once you know where it is its easy)

it will be to the left of the door lock and just above (from the inside of the door that is) you will feel a little hole and you need to position the door pin above that.

once lined up keep hold of it and with your other hand guide the handle back into the slot,

hold it to the door and then pop the nuts back onthe two bolts. re-tighten them, (they dont have to be he-man tight but enough) then refit the trim. in the oposite way that you removed it.

Back