hot tar for seal

so a few months ago there was a hole in the car, passnger side, it got fixed by a good welder, and now the water seems to come thought the welder seal on the passnger floor, but the thing is, he said somthing about putting hot tar on it, which i didnt do, and i cant rembear y

any ideas

Keeps the Water out.

Put some Underseal on it, just as good as Tar, don't forget to place some paper on top before you put the Carpet back.

well i let a garage do it, or shall i, i whats the paper for, its the carpet i have to worry about, as it got like a sponge to protect the water, but its holds it causing carpet dampness, but once dry a good scrub and de odour should fix it

so what underseal you recommned and do it put it on the outside or the inside

The carpet is probably for sound deadening, not to keep water out lol.

And put underseal on the outsite. I use one, comes in a black tin but can't remember what it's called

DIY, it's easy.

I buy a product called Tetroseal under sealer, should be able to get it at any Car accessories shop. Put it on both sides more so the on the exterior/underside. The paper is only there to stop the sound proofing on the Carpet from sticking to the floor.

It's messy stuff so wear some Gloves.

on the inside you could try using sound deadening tar paper...is sticky backed so fitting is easy, and it will form the surface its on and not affect the carpet.

you could for example on the inside use some sealant on the seams to water proof then the tar paper over the top and underseal the outside.

on the inside you could try using sound deadening tar paper...is sticky backed so fitting is easy, and it will form the surface its on and not affect the carpet.

you could for example on the inside use some sealant on the seams to water proof then the tar paper over the top and underseal the outside.

B&Q sells that...good stuff too!

use the same stuff on the inside and the outside, and yes i am sure you right, as i read a guide and we calls it roofing tar, so just get the same roofing tar from and b and q for inside and outside, and it that water proof, and get the tar paper.

then i can finally let my 50 amp cable rest.

okay so i got the underseal on the car, just sprayed it around, hard to spray underneath, espically when you suppose leave a 25 cm grap,

got some leak seal, mix the past with harder and it hardens around the leak, mostly used for holes in petrol tank and raditor but it sound form a second defense, put that on torrmow, couldnt find the sound deadening tar paper, but dont think really need it,

got it on, the seal in the car, takes 10 mins to dry and should deffitenly stop the water, the under seal is quite mess underneath, suppose the car really does need a 25 cm gap and need to be competly dry, but i reckon the leak 10 min harder should do the job. if not then out with the house and to the garage.

hope it rains tonight so i can see

Back