Hot air through side vents only

CMF_Auto-mate

» CMF Member
Hi Russell,
my 2000 K11 has exactly the same phenomenon. To my initial surprise, because I had an older K11 before this one, and in the old one the middle two had controllable temperature just like the side vents. This made me conclude that it might be intentional, so a design change.
The advantage in the newer model is that you can warm your feet while still have some fresh air in your face. This was impossible in the old version.
But I agree that I sometimes also would like to get warm air from all vents to warm my hands. Other than that, I've become completely accustomed to and happy with this newer set-up.

CMF_russell_nash

» CMF Member
Thanks. I suspected that it wasn't a fault, it's just that I can't say that I had noticed it before, but I have been doing a shed load of work on this car lately, and the heater blower got my attention cus the resistor corroded, so I resoldered it.It's not a problem once you realise that if you want it warm you have to block the vents. With all this global warming Ed, you'd be surprised how infrequently you need a heater here!

Back