Hissing noise from my HR16 DE engine???

My 160 SR has developed a hiss from the engine bay under hard acceleration.

I thought it was the air con and have checked for leaks and cracks, but it has been doing this for about a month now and if the air con was leaking it should have stopped working by now!?

Any ideas????

Probably a mix of noises cam chain / exhaust / air filter. Ours does the same. Its a shame really, nissan have taken away any engine character as its a quite throaty little engine. Whip the panel filter out and give it a bit of throttle and it sounds great (make sure you put it back in though).

Probably a mix of noises cam chain / exhaust / air filter. Ours does the same. Its a shame really, nissan have taken away any engine character as its a quite throaty little engine. Whip the panel filter out and give it a bit of throttle and it sounds great (make sure you put it back in though).

The noise only happens when I turn the Air Con on. I am pretty sure it is not from the engine. I have fitted a K&N panel fiter which is fed by a cold feed induction pipe modified to fit straight into the air box.

Umm? Not just the engine sounding a bit wheezy then. Not sure what that could be. Ours AC hisses when first turned on and the compressor starts up. Not noticed it under acceleration.

Back