High rev on changing up

My throttle sticks a bit so it takes a few milliseconds for the revs to drop down when I change gear, think that's what you mean, if so then lube up your throttle mechanism

It could just been driving technique. I do this in my mates Mondeo everytime I drive it, for the first few gear changes at least.

if it is technique then it will be that you are just pushing the clutch down a bit before you release the accelerator. just try taking your foot off the accelerator first then putting the clutch down, see if it still happens (will be a bit jolty). then you can practice getting them in sync.
to test for sticky trottle cable, accelerate (quite hard) and then suddenly take your foot off the accelerator, the car should instantly start to slow down. if there is a delay, then as said above, lube your trottle mech.

let us know how you get on..

to test for sticky trottle cable, accelerate (quite hard) and then suddenly take your foot off the accelerator, the car should instantly start to slow down. if there is a delay, then as said above, lube your trottle mech.

Except k12s don't have a throttle cable...so it wont be that!

Thanks Guys - I think it is me, maybe just tensing at the moment of depressing the clutch. More practice Grasshopper!:grinning:

Get someone else to drive you car then you will be able to let your mind rest.

However if you cant get someone else to drive it.....it is actually a k12 thing, all k12s do it. There is a thread lurking around here somewhere about it.

An interesting one to do is whe going down a hill, knock it into neutral, oncethe revs settle (900 or whatever) engage the clutch and put it ino 3rd gear and put dont release the clutch or touch any other pedal, then watch those revs climb to 1400 then drop.

Its weird stuff. Rumor has it that it could be an anti stall feature!!!!

Back