High comp 1.3, worth the effort?

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
So the search seems to throw up plenty of threads stating that cg10 pistons into a cg13 = winning, but none give any indication of gains, where gains are noticable, any downsides and the like.

I just ordered a new engine stand, and have a cg13 and a cg10 laying about. is it worth the effort to fit the cg10 pistons? Are there any noticable power and tourqe gains? does it effect fuel consumption. Do any other tweaks have to be made to accomodate the higher cr i.e timing, cam pulleys??

i had been colecting various bit for a turbo conversion, but reliability and cost to get it running good for a daily car outways the thrill fo rme tbh :D must be old age haha

I don't think anyone has done a comparison. Frank has built plenty but I am not sure if he has any dyno printouts before and after. Numbers speaking, in terms of efficiency there is a 'theoretical' 11'ish% gain in it.

One of the biggest benefits is you will see gains across the whole rev range, so it's a worth while modification if you have the equipment and time to be able to do it. One word of caution is the wrist pins are pressed into the rods, so they are a pig to take off and put back on.

Frank's the king when it comes to these kind of builds so will be able to offer some further advice and maybe even some assistance with the build.....

your biggest mission will be swapping the wristpins hoopdub :eek: but still well worth while imo.
the engine should be more fuel efficient with a higher c/r (even moreso if you retard the inlet cam, prius/atkinson cycle-esque)
and old age my arse lol, what about me at 55 :grinning:

Back