Hi guys

Hi there,

I'm looking at returning to Micra K11 ownership after a year on the German darkside with a MK4 Golf. I was just wondering what was the best engine to go for? I'm looking at doing some engine and bodywork modifying, so I wanted to start with a decent platform.

Cheers guys,

Steve

Thats what I'm looking at, they're not as cheap as I thought though. I used to love my 1L K11, I regret getting rid of it to be honest as I had a pretty bad time with the Golf.

In my opinion for tinkering the cg13 is the better lump. As for turbo charging it depends how hands on you are and how many pennies you have. A basic setup isn't to difficult if you are fabricating parts

It was a pretty long story, but the short version is that it failed it's MOT and would cost more to repair than it was worth, so I got rid of it. I was pretty gutted but it's given me a chance to own a decent Micra.

I think I'll avoid the turbo route for a while, my only really hard part is actually finding a 1.3 near me. I can only seem to find 1.0L versions, some of which are relly good value but my last one was a 1.0 and I fancied a decent modding platform.

Although, in the Golfs defence it was the previous owners eBay mods that failed the MOT, and as a total novice at the time I didn't check them when I bought the car. So it was more my fault than the cars. An expensive lesson though, cheap mods are cheap for a reason and will cost money in the long run.

Back