HHO (Browns Gas) mod

Anybody looked into this at all?

been watching loads of vids on You Tube, it's supposed to boost performance and make your engine run better, buy burning all the fuel in the combustion chamber instead of the exhaust. Bringing down emmissions at the same time

it's basically an electrolytic cell which creates hydrogen (& oxygen) on demand.
Still in the research mode at the moment,
here's a quick one to get you going, only 20 seconds
enjoy
HHO cell producing gas

mick

I've heard of this and tbh have always thought that the load on the allternator would be more than they extra energy you would gain.
But that was a few years ago when i last looked, i'll have an looky now.

the guy I've been looking at is ZeroFossilFuel. I just watched all 92 of his vids, very knowledgeable guy and informative. He explains everything he is doing, wish there where more like him

mick

Its nonsense. You cannot get free energy from no where, also its simply impossible to even generate the gas fast enough to make any difference at a sensible level.

I just read all the comments, and it took one cell at full power apparently to even get an engine to idle.

Most alternators will not give out more than 70A, and at that would be sapping more than 1hp i believe?

From what i can make out from reading around, the idea is to improve the efficiency of the combustion by feeding this in through the intake and then convincing the ECU that it HASN'T been put in in order that it doesn't inject more fuel (because of the extra air) as that would be counter productive or something or other.

If Ed could give one of his scathing analysis's of everything i've wrote (or quoted, i don't know either way!) i would be grateful!

ceirwan

i agree, most alternators max at about 70a, which as you say is 1kw (over 1hp), add to that the friction/heat losses and you can double that
which is why i put the solar panel in my roof *geek* , which on a sunny day like today was almost running the car electrics on its own (1v drop on the battery, during a 1hr drive, beltless :p )

Lol your that desperate for more power!? Get rid of the battery altogether and convert back to a magneto, and hand start it! 0o

mick

yeh, interesting (Y)
also, did you know that.......*geek*
1 gallon of petrol has the same amount of energy (calories) as what 15 people burn up if they push your car for 1 day.
so if anyone thinks £5 a gallon is expensive ?

it's finding the 15 that's the trick... lol

the link at the bottom of the page is pretty good reading (so far) too

mick

Now thats a much better well rounded page:
as engineers are sceptics by training, it is no surprise that a few of them say the idea won’t work. Such opinions, from engineers can’t be dismissed without explaining why I think these Hydrogen Generating Systems do work and are not just another hoax. The 2nd law of thermodynamics is a likely source of those doubts. Meaning ...the law -would lead you to believe that it will certainly take more power to produce this hydrogen than can be regained by burning it in the engine. i.e. the resulting energy balance should be negative. If the aim is to create hydrogen by electrolysis to be burned as a fuel, the concept is ridiculous. On the other hand, if hydrogen, shortens the burn time of the main fuel-air mix, putting more pressure on the piston through a longer effective power stroke, and in doing so takes more work out, then this system does make sense.

At least this page isn't claiming something for nothing.

Back