hey Mike...

J

Jim

What's the first rule of comedy? Exactly...timing.

What is this place? A nazi concentration camp? Sometimes I wonder...

When you lock threads to you lock them because of your own opinion or for the greater good of the club/forum? It looks to me like you come on these forums every day rubbing your hands together and cackling saying "What threads can I lock today?"

Well hey, lock this one. That'll pass 5 seconds. Why not delete it before the majority see it? Because you know more people will look at it once you lock it after all.

I was going to PM you about it, but I thought better of it.

picture removed

I see you have read this thread mike and are now reading the MSC rules. well i'll save you some time:-

"Acceptable Postings For General Chat

Non Micra motoring
Motoring advice/help (technical/buying)
News/Music/Movies/Sport
Recommended/humourous websites
Jokes"

Jim, you should have PM'd me if you wanted better explanation of why your last thread was locked.

A thread would be locked for various reasons which can be found on here http://www.micra.org.uk/announcements.php?fid=9 .

Posts that are locked for bad taste are normally done so because of a complaint by someone within the club or agreement by the admin team with me.

Before locking your previous post it was deemed to be bad taste as it was very soon after Pope John Paul II death that we saw jokes appearing on the site, this does not mean that jokes relating to someone's that died a year ago would be acceptable. If it was your post and your post alone jim i would have deleted or locked the thread when you first posted it, as i said then the reason it was locked was because of the direction it was going.

Because i am a moderator now, it does not mean i have a myopic view of these forums, i still find things funny and participate were i see fit. Im still sure that i didn't turn into Hitler over night, as im the same person i was before i became a moderator.

Im not going to delete or modify this thread but instead leave it for the admin team to see as it a bit petty and would have thought better of members from the MSC.

Mike

Thanks for the response, I have removed some of the pettiness. The main reason I didn't PM you was because mods/admin tend to display their thoughts and feelings about topics, so I thought I'd publicly display my feelings about the mods/admin. Fair trade I thought at the time. Now I have this off my chest I will PM in future. Not that I plan on having more threads locked.

When I first posted the Popemobile topic I did think it was a bit controversial. Maybe that's why I posted it. But I thought it was more tongue in cheek as I always found the Popemobile a funny concept having seen the Pope riding round on it myself in the Vatican. I wasn't intending to be disrespectful to the Pope, religious people or dead people at all. So if anyone was offended, sorry. I just thought it was a bit of lighthearted fun. Obviously I had no control on the direction the topic was going...

I had no problem with the popemobile part of the topic and found it quite funny although a bit of tongue in cheek. I know that you had no control over how that topic was going to go but it was seen that it was going the wrong direction, so it was stopped before it went any further.

Mike

Back