Hemel Fuel Depot Explosion

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4517962.stm

I heard this from my house. I'm over 40 miles from this. You can expect quite a few knock on effects from this. Expect potential fuel shortages for all kinds of public transport. A friend of mine who lives 2 miles from this said it felt like an earthquake.

Ed

I work around 10 miles from it and our petrol station gets its petrol from there, so will be a interesting day.

Mike

Yes I think there will be a few problems over the christmas and new year period now.

No one has been killed which is quite a mirracle. Some of the damage is insane.

It is a miracle. Some of the pics on the bbc link are impressive, looks like a Volcano or something out a movie.

They dont expect the petrol prices to rise, heres hoping.

AOL News said:
Ray Holloway, of the Petrol Retailers Association, said the oil industry had plans in place to deal with such an emergency, including the use of other depots in south-east England to supply the Hemel Hempstead area.

"I understand the concern of motorists, but there is no need to panic," he said.

"This site is strategically important, but not critically important. There will be no market effect and the oil industry will do what it does and manage this extremely effectively

So there you go...

I live bout 20 miles from hemel and it shook my house!!! woke me and the missus up. didnt have a clue what it was! told her it was ghosts and went back to sleep... she didnt sleep for ages hehehe!

how amazing is it that no ones died as yet! good thing really, althouhg such a tradgedy. those pics are amazing though......

Borrowed from the BBC ;)

_41109776_farm_debris_getty.jpg

Some great images on retro rides too. Very scary for anyone living in the area, and an ideal chance for thieving git criminals to rob peoples homes whilst they're abandoned - especially all those xmas presents lying around

James must have been your car :p Because nothing is here yet.

Absolute maddness!! Its amazing no-one was killed, thats the main thing, all the damage can be fixed in time.

my uncle lives in hemel hampsted centre, we cant get hold of him yet, apparently hes been evacuated til the end of the week :S

It woke me up and made the whole of Sunday really dark, the only fuel shortages are from fools panic buying meaning that everywhere near me was out of regular unleaded on Sunday evening grr

some bass from that eh to blow windows :) on a serious note glad nobody got killed. Lets hope it gets put out soon.

macdonalds might have to stop ther current happy meal promotion, the narnia one because the place thats makes the happy meal toys was near by and damaged, well according to the email my boss got at work today
i work at macdonalds

really lucky nobody as been killed

My bus depot didn't get its delivery on monday and we ran out on the tuesday then a tanker showed up but the lecky went out and he had to stay over night due to his driving hours being up we had to run every bus through the fuel pump at 5am

Back