HELP!!!!!

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
Hi guys.

I need too remove the two strut top bolts from the front passenger side of my micra, but they are seized in. Have managed to strip the heads of the nuts. Does anyone know how to get them off???

Cheers.
John.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Happen to me too i ended up needing to hacksaw the nut into pieces and pulling it off.

You can try vice grips, or hammering a slightly smaller socket on to the nut. Ie a 11mm onto a 12mm nut or a slightly smaller imperial over the nut then use the rachet to get it off.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
as has been said vice grips or hammer a smaller socket onto the nut, last resort would be greo's suggestion haha

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I would be looking at hammering an 11mm (or whatever makes a tight fit) socket onto them and using a rattle gun to get the nut off. The hammering of the rattle gun will be much more effective than a spanner or ratchet handle. You can get 12v rattle guns from repco/supercheap for around $50 that plug into a cigarette lighter. Very handy for situations like this!

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I use an impact driver for stuff like that, you can use it on screws or put a socket on it and use for nuts, works real well

Attachments

• 71825.jpg
    71825.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 19

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
hotfunk67 WROTE:

"bongo bus WROTE:

"Do you reckon that heat on the nut would help?"</div>

I always find heat on the nuts slightly uncomfortable:)

As Frank said grind them off and then tap out the remainder and replace them with new ones.

I deserve that... If it wasnt gonna be someone else, i was bound to say it... Thanks Rudy.

Back