help with bucket seats!!!

You can look at having a frame with spacers sit on top of the Micra rails.

I did this originally due to the wierd base of the Micra seats. Adds way to much height to the seat rails.

Either have some fabricated for you or get some AE86 rails, similar to the ones I got on my blog and have them modified to fit floor plan of micra or redrill floor.

I had to modify mine by cutting off legs closet to the doors and moving them to match floor holes then reweld them.

If you are going to spend the cash go for bride (or copies) ultra low ones.

ofdoom10.jpg

ofdoom11.jpg

but the seats wont fit on the micra rails...miles too big...!! :(
if i drill the floor do i have to put a bolt on the underside or what have i to do??

what do the underside of the seats looklike? do they have the two studs coming down from the front of the seats (they should fit in the holes in tha micra rails.

If they do give me a shout cuz i made a template of the bar i have (mk2 cavillier sup frame) lol. but thtat worked for both my seats, ive had cobra monacos and now a set of scooby wrx seats in!
its just the bit at the back that should be a problem.

let me know anyway man and i cud get a set cut for ya.
Random subframes!!!!! lol, the ay forward! haa.

but the seats wont fit on the micra rails...miles too big...!! :(
if i drill the floor do i have to put a bolt on the underside or what have i to do??

If you are set on using the Micra rails, you will need to;
1. have spacers in place to even the height up on the rails (assuming your rails were the same as my micra rails).
2. weld a frame on top of the spacers (standard squarish shape to catch holes on the seats)
3. bolt the new frame to the factory rails via the spacers
4. catch holes in seat with the new frame

Keep in mind this sort of frame adds about 35-40mm to the total height making standard bucket seats (Recara/Sparco) just fit under roof.

I still have the rails I made up, I can take photos of them if you want but its not the best way forward. Ultra low AE86 ones are worth the cash or get some custom fabricated.

Back