Help reduce fuel duty

If we do speak they will carry on, didn't you know we don't have any power at all. Democracy is dead.

I'll sign anyway, won't do any harm I suppose.

pete in controversial post

get rid of anyone scrounging off benefits, raise income tax, reduce spending, reduce our nhs spending - then we could lower petrol duty taxes :)

yes bring on those biometric id cards, all the billions lost to benefit fraud, illegal immigrants and card fraud will cover ALL the fuel duty !

Even more so is that fact that although fuel price is rising, motoring overall is probably at its cheapest it ever has been. No longer a luxury for the rich as it once was, you cant really complain when almost anyone can afford a car, run it and even buy fuel (ok so they moan about that point).

lol I can moan when I can only use BP ultimate and equivalent at 1.10p

well yes ok that's my fault for running an import I suppose :p

Kev

you cant really complain when almost anyone can afford a car, run it and even buy fuel (ok so they moan about that point).

Owning a car is more of a necessity these days i reckon. People need one to get to work. The government have these people over a barrel because you can't just decide to stop driving, and no, public transport isn't a suitable alternative, in it's present state.

The people of the UK are in so much debt. By the time home owners for example have paid there mortgage, bills and living costs, i'm amazed they have enough left to even buy petrol for there car, let alone tax, insurance, maintenance etc.

Owning a car probably isn't as affordable as you think!

I think people definitly have the right to complain about the price of fuel, considering most of it is Tax. If you don't see the improvements, you question where that money is going! It's a rediculous price in comparison to other countries, who seem to have better health systems & other services than our own.

I havn't signed as there's no point, petrol is going up again soon.

lol I can moan when I can only use BP ultimate and equivalent at 1.10p

well yes ok that's my fault for running an import I suppose :p

lol...What kind of car are you running then?...most imports will run on just about anything, what people say about the RON in petrol is a scarmongering tactic and you'll probably find the petrol at Tescos is just as good, 95 RON is all you need imo but each to their own....:)

I drive a starlet glanza v turbo. I have ran it once on 95ron petrol and since then always used BP ultimate.

Kev

Bet that goes some

Have you tried that really expensive High octane Petrol yet?

I can't seem to find any anywhere, apparently you have to be over 18 to get it.....

Owning a car is more of a necessity these days i reckon. People need one to get to work. The government have these people over a barrel because you can't just decide to stop driving, and no, public transport isn't a suitable alternative, in it's present state.

That's the mistake many people make people assume they have a HUMAN RIGHT to drive, you don't its a privilege, which is granted when you pass your test. Which some have realised when their privilege was taken away due to whatever it was they did to make that happen (i.e. loose their licence)

The people of the UK are in so much debt. By the time home owners for example have paid there mortgage, bills and living costs, i'm amazed they have enough left to even buy petrol for there car, let alone tax, insurance, maintenance etc.
That has nothing to do with the cost of petrol. People generally are unable to manage (and I am definitely no expert) their money. Banking institutions do have something to answer for BUT its not their fault people find it too easy and then blame others when you run up a personal debt. No one held a gun at you to spend money unwisely etc.

Yes it is. Easily so. The fact that most find it so hard to park anywhere shows how affordable it is to drive simply by the pure numbers that indeed do!

I think people definitly have the right to complain about the price of fuel, considering most of it is Tax. If you don't see the improvements, you question where that money is going! It's a rediculous price in comparison to other countries, who seem to have better health systems & other services than our own.
Of course you have the right to complain. Its a democratic (!!) free country. But to say its getting to expensive to drive is a joke considering how cheap can be to buy tax and insure a car. (in real terms)

You should look at is as a percentage of income, and then do the same for your parents if they were lucky enough to have a car at the age you are now. Bet you find as a % of earnings its cheaper for you...

I bet most of them can't afford to buy petrol for there car and more than likely just put it on there credit card. lol

Back